Hull painting services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hull painting services

Anyone know of a good place to take the Johnson to have the hull repainted? There was a gel-coat product applied in the 80's and it is bubbling in places and I think the best course of action is to have it stripped down and repainted. I also need the outdrive touched up. I would like to look into having the trailer painted in the next two years as well...so the whole package looks good going down the road. Suggestions are much appreciated.
    Kristy Fry
    1964 Johnson Deluxe 17

Kristy- I think that quite a few members could handle a project like yours, but are reluctant to toot their own horn. Advertiser and Member Marty Loken's Island Boat Shop can be found in the banner ad, I've also seen nice finish work on other's boats by Members: Tim Mattson, Helmar, and Yardman to name a few.

Looking forward to seeing your Evinrude in person, at an event soon.

Comment

Thanks!

I'll have a chat with some of these guys and see if anyone is willing to take it on.
      Kristy Fry
      1964 Johnson Deluxe 17

Comment

All very capable guys...before you talk to them read the article on painting boats that was recently posted over at fiberglassics.com...it'll give you an appreciation of what actually goes into doing it right and why the costs may be more than you expected (or hoped for ;-) and so you can appreciate whoever ends up doing it for you more...

have fun...cool boat

...Ric
        '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
        '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
        '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

The painter who wrote those articles is in Lake Stevens. Clint

Comment

Sterling Paint

Jon Norris is on Whidbey Island and he specializes in Sterling Paint. Reasonable and fast .

fishonjohn@whidbey.com
            Attached Files
            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Thanks again

For all the advise...I'll take all I can get...
              Kristy Fry
              1964 Johnson Deluxe 17

Comment

Working...
              X