1960 TollyCraft Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 TollyCraft Restoration

So here are some pictures of what she looked like when i got her:shocked4:. I am also adding what i have done so far on her sense i got her. So far i have stripped off all the plywood decking that was rotting or just plan ugly. I have also sanded all the railing to show that nice wood.
    Now for the plans VeryBigSmile, i am re decking the bow with 1/4x3 redwood with 1/4x1/2 poplar. the i will seal and varnish all the wood with out staining it. I want that natural look. anyways the big question i have to answer and i am looking for help with this is i need to replace the stern. its all rotted out and is in bad shape, so it was originally an outboard and the last owner changed it to an I/O. should i return it to an outboard ? personally i am thinking of returning it to an outboard to so she is original. but i would like some opinions. i will keep you all informed on what is going on.
    Kelly Holdiman
    :fishing:

sorry its not allowing me to post pics right now i will try again soon.:donttouch:
    Kelly Holdiman

Comment

pics

so here are the pics i said i would put up.
      Attached Files
      Kelly Holdiman

Comment

If we can find Marty, he is one of the best wood guys around. Fact is, he prefers wood over fiberglass.

Marty could give you some good suggestions.

Marty ???:BigHappy1:
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Well DAD got the boat as a fathers day gift ---- does the boy hate me?

I am now trying to determine if I have a real moisture issue with the transom. As one can see in the pic',s the previous owner converted the boat to an I/O and by doing so reinforced the transom with plywood and epoxy. As I was removing the plywood I noticed that the interior of the plywood was moist (not wet but moist) so there is a possible issue that the entire transom my have a moister problem and if so I am prepared to remove the whole transom and replace with new. That should be a great challenge but I think do-able.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated as this is my first a temp at repairing wood boats ---- actually it's my first a temped at repairing any boat glass or wood.

The paint cracked on the bow as we unloaded the boat yesterday and upon looking at it the paint looks more like a laminate rather then a paint and it scraps off in fairly large sheets without applying heat. Could this possibly be an epoxy paint? I ask because if you looked at the paint chips for thickness it looks uniformed through out ---- no highs or lows.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X