No announcement yet.

Can you repair vinyl seats???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric, that turned out surprisingly nice. I think I'm going to follow your lead. Can you buy might mend locally?

Comment

I use mighty mend it for everything... it is meant as a fabric glue and advertised by the late billy mase on infomercials. you can buy it at most drug stores and target and wallmart. last season i put some in a few tears in my seats in it stopped them perfectly. the glue bonds tight, is clear and remains flexible so when they are sat in you can not tell they are patched. i put about 3 coats on this tear and i feel like i will get some life out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 17359
        For your seat, I know Tim Mattson has recently started doin his own vinyl work and so far him and his wife have done amazing work. I doubt he works for free but he would be a good resource for you. I have the same situation on my Chris Craft and I made the mistake of taping te torn areas once and now I have to retape before every outing or the goo gets on my passengers. I would suggest you keep the tape as an extreme last resort, put a towel over it before you turn to tape!

If you find a reasonably priced shop let us all know cause I have gotten some radical quote this spring like you..
        best advice was to not duct tape... thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X