Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafair Glovebox

Hey guys,
    Had the Mrs sew up some more goodies for the 1959 Seafair,namely a Passenger side seat with new cushioned glovebox.
    I put a simple shelf under the box,used Grey felt to give it some finish,then used a piano hinge on the bottom edge to connect it.
    Thanx to Steve Kiesil for the set of cushions which included the Dry box Seat I never knew existed.It fit neatly between the wood chocks but is now a full 3`` thick instead of 1.5``.
    Never have enough storage places in a boat.
    Note the Seaborn`s Marina Emblem on the dash......which was where the Slo -Mo -Shun Hydros used to be stored and worked on,then launched during the race with this one boat getting a straight shot at the Start line.
    Remember when some local phone numbers started with "EA" or East -5?
    TimM
    Attached Files
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Glad you could put the cushions to use Tim. The glove box turned out good. Thanks for the idea, would be nice to have some extra storage. When you tear into the floor, CutUp1, take lots of photos. I will be doing the same to mine next year.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Good utility

Nice looking improvements Tim. Yellow is a great gel-coat color. Really hard to argue any negatives about the wide range of utility the Seafair offers for a 17 foot boat, and it doesn't present a storage problem to us folks that don't have a large home site.

Brian Vickers
      Brian Vickers
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Working...
      X