Anyone Need To Foam Their Bilges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Need To Foam Their Bilges?

I just purchased a two-part polyurethane foam kit from US Composites and now I can't use it.

Having done this structural reinforcement (between deck and stringers) on both my 1957 Skagit and my 1973 Power Cat I was getting ready to do my 1979 Glasply. But that has all changed now and instead of restoring the Glasply it is now going to the dump. Don't ask...

The expandable polyurethane foam I normally buy at Fiberlay is 2 lb. foam and works great, but this kit is 4 lb. foam and even stronger. It is recommended for use around fuel tanks and for limited support of decks, not to mention the inherent bouyancy it provides. Go to the US Composites webpage and see for yourself. This kit will expand to 20 cubic feet which should be plenty for most glassics.

If anyone thought about doing a foam job this is your chance to get better quality materials at way less than you would ever normally pay. I'll let it go for $250. Shipping alone cost me nearly $100.

Let me know?

Doug
    power.trip@live.com

I would be interested. I will be up at Lake Mayfield in Sept. Will you be there or are located near by?

Tom Hansen
    56glasspar@charter.net

Comment

Powertrip, sorry to here about your Glasply. Is there anything salvaged off of it? If so let me know.
      Thanks, opcorn1:
      Gregor Jordan
      omrjordan@frontier.com

Comment

Thanks...

Ya, it really sucks! I am currently pursuing another boat right now as I can't imagine being without a boat, but we'll have to see what I actually end up with. I have owned so many over the years.

Regarding parts from the Glasply, yes I did cannibalize many parts off it before I took what's left to the land fill today. See my post over on the glassifieds. I have lots of stuff!

Shoot me an email.

power.trip@live.com

Comment

Working...
        X