What A Deal !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Deal !

Went to Jo-ANN fabric store yesterday to get some Burgundy Marine Vinyl. This is only the second time i have been there as the other time was when i needed seat material for the Farallon in 2008. This time was for the motor cover that is about 18" x 56" wide.The deck of the boat will be burgundy so this will tie in good with the vinyl. As it would be my luck i had to buy 54" x 60" wide. There was this nice lady standing in line who offered me a coupon of 40 % off ! I guess EVERYBODY use's coupon's at Jo-ANN store's as she told me. That save me about $18.00 ! What a deal ! ! I will find some other things to use the rest of the vinyl on. Nice stuff. [ATTACH]15390[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Score! I never even thought of going there...

Comment

Kelly, That whole piece cost me only $19.70 with tax after the coupon.Another thing i check out Sat was the Pettit paint again even though i already purchase what i need. At West Marine it was $58.00 per quart compare for about $34.00 ...no shipping charge...no tax from Ohio. Yes i know you have to wait a week , but at this time of the year i would not be able to paint anyway except in the garage on some small items. So for 5 quarts i saved $120.00 ! It's not that i'am cheap, i just can't see leaving money on the table that i can use for some other items .

Comment

Good to know, especially since I have to be somewhat frugal while doing my boat.

Comment

Kelly, Here you go ! I use Pettit Easypoxy and Interlux brightside paints. Never had any problems for years.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/boati...int-82251.html

Overton's wants to much on paint, but they are good on other items like seats.

Comment

Nice bargain. My wife uses these cupons all the time. They come out just about every month.

Regarding seats, yes, Overtons has good prices. However, check DeckMate first. Their prices are better for what they have and the quality is good.
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Chuck, Jo-Ann's is where Tim Matteson bought the vinyl for our interior on the Chris Craft. So far, two seasons, it has held surprisingly well for how inexpensive it was (granted we used it a lot the first summer but only pulled the boat out three times last summer). I still need to hunt down more of our bright red to finished the interior panels...
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Chuck, did you get the name of the nice lady who gave you the coupon? Hope you did and you name your fine craft after her. Forget naming your boats after those pesky ferries!
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 27314, member: 28
                  Chuck, did you get the name of the nice lady who gave you the coupon? Hope you did and you name your fine craft after her. Forget naming your boats after those pesky ferries!

Tim,If i recall right , i think she said her name was Zoanna. Oh wait a minute , i can't use that name. LOL !

Comment

Working...
                  X