Color Combo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Combo

Today i mixed up my custom color of charcoal gray from Polyurethane one part Interlux Brightside enamel "steel grey" with some one part Interlux Polyurethane enamel black. I knew i would not be taking any chances if i stayed with the same brand compare to mixing two brands like Interlux / Petitt. I was surprise that it took about a quarter of a quart of black to darken the grey up. If you notice that the paint sample of grey from Interlux and Petitt are either some what light or semi dark. In the past i have just use them, so this time i wanted to go with more of a charcoal gray. From top to bottom,The windshield frame will be charcoal gray, cabin roof will be Petitt burgundy,charcoal gray will be where the "pink" is , the complete deck will be burgundy, gray stripe on the hull will be the charcoal gray , hull will be off white and the bottom will be burgundy. The rubrail will be black along with the VHF 8' antenna and a 1/4" black pin striping going around the deck. Back to work in the garage now !
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Ok you talked me into it, I'll drop off my boat and let you paint it

Comment

Yea right lol . Besides i'am not a pro on painting.

Comment

Good deal Chuck.
        I used to watch Marty mixing paints all the time at Island Boat Shop.
        You almost have to to come up with the colors you want as not enough choices with Interlux.

There is that place (Marty would remember as I know he used the paints) up in the Port Townsend Boat Haven were we have done some work. That is called Admiral Ships Supply and they carry a paint supply of a fellow that can mix Many different color combinations as well.
        I see more of that used on some of the smaller wooden boats that Marty is involved in now. (once a wood boat guy, Always a wood boat guy....Something about the feel of the wood ;-)

Me, I like to mix it up, Glass boat with nice wood insides

As always, Looken Good Chuck

Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, You & Marty sure did a nice job inside the Farallon. Remember all of that wood work you guys did ? I think i miss these three and the Skagit 20 Bainbridge the most, but the Skagit 20 Chippewa in it's own way will be right up there when i 'am finished i hope.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice gray. that will look sharp against the red.
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
            X