Fun Stuff Today !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Stuff Today !

The burgundy, white, charcoal grey paint has two coats and is finished as of Sat... Got to do a little fun stuff today Sunday like take all of the tape off and got the cabin hatch in place and painted the bottom of the hull. This coming week i hope to get the exterior hardware cleats,VHF mount unit , etc. Then back to the cockpit.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck, man you're knocking it out! If you would though, speed it up a little more so we can get my boat in there next!

Comment

Kelly,Going for the end of May still....That's my plan anyway. Once i start getting the indoor -outdoor carpeting going a lot of ground will have been cover in the last 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 27931, member: 6
        [ATTACH]15725[/ATTACH] The burgundy, white, charcoal grey paint has two coats and is finished as of Sat... Got to do a little fun stuff today Sunday like take all of the tape off and got the cabin hatch in place and painted the bottom of the hull. This coming week i hope to get the exterior hardware cleats,VHF mount unit , etc. Then back to the cockpit.
        greetings chuck.......call me mike pingatore in seattle 206 9148695

Comment

Looks really nice Chuck. Get some more shots out in the day light when you done. It is amazing how fast you get things done. Keep up the good work.
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

[ATTACH]15743[/ATTACH]
            Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 27937, member: 9
            Looks really nice Chuck. Get some more shots out in the day light when you done. It is amazing how fast you get things done. Keep up the good work.
            Hi Steve, I try to get about 3 hours done each day if i can between job work and the boat. Speaking of daylight, After painting i take one of my "trees lights" up on end along the sides to see if i have missed any places. Then if i see something i used one of those "cheap" art brushes to touch up. Sure glad i have that shelter like yesterday when it was pouring down and i was under the boat painting away. Yea , I already took the "before" picture in the driveway when i first started this. Here's my lastest picture with the "Skagit" burgee as of this am. Need to order the black rubrail from Peter at WEFCO soon. Tomorrow i have to go in for the freaking skin cancer to be taken care of on my forehead.

Comment

Best of luck to you for tomorrow Chuck! Keep your head up and just think about the boat the entire time

Comment

Thanks Kelly. Went up to Everett today and got a bunch of screws. Came back and put most of the hardware on. Tomorrow i have to be at the Doctor at 7:30 to maybe 2 pm...first time i have had to do this. Should be interesting.

Comment

Your are sure not wasting any time Chuck.
                  Really looking forward to seeing more pictures...makes me want to get back on my Skagit. I was thinking of taking mine back to that purple and her name back to Purple Haze like Greg James named her.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, I like your Skagit either way as far as being purple or red. On my Skagit , i was going to paint the bottom burgundy like i did on the other Skagit i had but decided to go with the white. Going to spiffy the hull up now with a burgundy/silver grey waterline stripe instead.

Comment

Joe, Go Purple.
                      Greg James

Comment

I'am to wait a few days before doing anything on the boat as per the Doctor. Looks like i have been shot in the head on the right side. BTW Kelly, that idea of yours about thinking what i need do next on the boat while under the knife worked ...really. Took about two and a half hours. I did sneak out there this am for a while when my wife was gone to do a few things.Tomorrow i can officially be out there again.

Comment

Chuck I'm glad it worked for you! Hopefully you won't have too many more of those days like today.

Comment

Chuck, I understand the desire to finish the boat... But come on man!!! Take it easy! This boat has already had you in the hospital once, now the head thing (not directly related to the boat, but maybe...). I have to side with your wife on this one... Your personal health is never worth playing around with.

No boat is ever worth a life!!!
                            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, I'am not one to just sit still.... Hospital ?.....That was "only" the ER. Thanks for your concern ! I manage to get out there Mother's day for about a hour and took the good wife out to dinner. It's not like i have to sit in the family room and stare at her all day Sunday being it's Mother's day you know and besides she and the cat fell a sleep watching Golf till we went to dinner. Our Son's came over and fixed brunch for all of us. Just went a got a bunch more screws and will be out there this afternoon. Have to go back to the Doctor to get the 18 stitches taken out of my forehead tomorrow. Hope Michele had a nice Mother's day. Thanks again !

Comment

Working...
                              X