Out In The Light !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out In The Light !

[ATTACH]15755[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15756[/ATTACH] After all the painting ,the time had come today being it is a nice day to pull "her" out of the shelter to check it over as i held my breath. It would have been nice to have had the windshield mounted in the "now" picture ,but being it was going to be raining for the next few days i wanted to get a good look outside at her while i could.There are a few spots i need to go back over to correct otherwise it's turned out not bad. Next is to continue putting the hardware on and clean up some area's of the trim, and do the pin stripping, etc. Then more work in the shelter again.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Like the color scheme! You are a whiz! Looks great!
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Thanks Tim !

Comment

Boy Chuck. That is looking pretty sweet. Of course we all know what you can do so it going to only get better
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Comment

That really looks great Chuck. I like it a lot. Will even look better with the windshield mounted. Sure makes the pink and gray look drab.
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Looks great! Hopefully the Chris Craft turns out that good.

Comment

Thanks everyone. As i always say, i'am not a Pro when it comes to painting.... I wish i had a place where i could spray after taking some lesson. When i roll one out of the shelter now and in the past, i tend to have my nose just about touching the paint checking it out with my bi fold glasses. I have a friend that does the same thing ! My wife tells me i'am to picky.

Comment

Good job, Chuck. The red is really nice!
                  John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                  Past Affairs:
                  '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

John. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 27971, member: 9
                      That really looks great Chuck. I like it a lot. Will even look better with the windshield mounted. Sure makes the pink and gray look drab.

Steve, Here's the difference of the grey that was on it and the new darker i mixed up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 27981, member: 6
                        Steve, Here's the difference of the grey that was on it and the new darker i mixed up.
                        Chuck-
                        That's sure a nice color combo- looks neat and detailed in a quality way- a fine Chuck Carey paint job !
                        bruceb

Comment

Bruce Thanks, See that Skagit Burgee ? In some ways i would have like to have painted the bottom burgundy like i did on the other Skagit i had, but for one thing this trailer has more cross members on it that i have ever seen. This way when i painted it white again i must have been lucky because you could not tell the old white from the new white. Maybe it was the same paint brand and product code and if i miss a little bit you could not tell compare to burgundy. Now instead i will pinstripe a nice two tone waterline stripe on it. I had a little operation on my forehead Tuesday and that has slowed me down the last couple of days being the old body is kind of in shock from it i guess. Going to try to do some things today. Sheila tells me i should take it easy. She will be gone all day !

Comment

I think the doctor forgot to remove the hard headed part Sorry Chuck, that was for Sheila! If you need help at anytime, let me know...I will come up after work anytime and lend a hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 28012, member: 2323
                              I think the doctor forgot to remove the hard headed part Sorry Chuck, that was for Sheila! If you need help at anytime, let me know...I will come up after work anytime and lend a hand!
                              Thanks i will remember that.Will be out there tomorrow ! Got some more things done today like the stripes,cleats. navigation light , grab rails, etc

Comment

Working...
                              X