Comment

[ATTACH]15846[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]15847[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]15848[/ATTACH]
              Interior of fridge needs refurbished. .I plan to keep all original appliances
              Attached Files

Comment

My intent with this resto is to bring her back to original with the exception of the v berth, head and counter top and tabletop materials all to be updated. The v berth will be changed to accommodate a larger sleeping area and more storage. She will be getting blasted and painted first then begin I plan to complete the v berth and head followed by exterior wood restoration and then to interrior wood resto then into the engine room.
                Just a little background on me. I am supervisor for navy ship repair and
                modification. I deal with everything from electrical to structural repair and modification as well as galley equipment diagnostics and repair. That being said i am well suited to handle all of the repairs myself however the wood restoration will be new to me so any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Charles,

Welcome. That is a cool boat. Especially the original cab design. Totally sleek and modern looking - for a vintage boat! Can't wait to see your progress.
                  John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                  Past Affairs:
                  '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Thank you I hope to return it to its former glory and maybe even a little beyond. Progress is slated to begin 3 June
                    As soon as i return from Hawaii
                    Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28104, member: 339
                    Charles,

Welcome. That is a cool boat. Especially the original cab design. Totally sleek and modern looking - for a vintage boat! Can't wait to see your progress.

Comment

Ok, I got confused. I seen Moyock, nc
                      So, the boat is in Tri-Cities..

By the way, you should be able to upload more than 15 pictures all on the same posting.
                      Just when it says Upload file, do the first one, then go back to the, Upload a file again and just keep going with it..
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen
                      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thank you I will post pics that way from now on...I am currently a resident of nc however living in Hawaii and moving back to the tri cities ..lol I move around a wee bit but yes the boat is in the trio cities which I deem probably the best enviornment for a steel hull vessel comparatively speaking. . anxious to get started on the new project. .
                        Originally posted by Helmar, post: 28113, member: 59
                        Ok, I got confused. I seen Moyock, nc
                        So, the boat is in Tri-Cities..

By the way, you should be able to upload more than 15 pictures all on the same posting.
                        Just when it says Upload file, do the first one, then go back to the, Upload a file again and just keep going with it..

Comment

Steel hull? Wow. Seems pretty beefy for such a small craft. I might make a recommendation for bottom paint with that in mind. Supermarine paint. They are out of Arlington. It is a bit of a pain to roll and tip dark colors and have them turn out right, but my light blue for the 404 hull looks great. You can treat your metal if you are taking it down to bare, with their phosphorus etching compound. Prime and then paint. This stuff is great in salt water. I had a sample submerged for 3 months in a boat house. It had minimal growth and what was on, wiped right off. Check it out!
                          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                          Past Affairs:
                          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Thank you and beefy yes but lighter than my 25'sea ray ov which was just a cuddy cabin both boats with in at 6k and thank you for the advice I'm regards to the hull. . Fortunately she will be running the Columbia and snake rivers fresh water but any added protection is great.
                            Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28125, member: 339
                            Steel hull? Wow. Seems pretty beefy for such a small craft. I might make a recommendation for bottom paint with that in mind. Supermarine paint. They are out of Arlington. It is a bit of a pain to roll and tip dark colors and have them turn out right, but my light blue for the 404 hull looks great. You can treat your metal if you are taking it down to bare, with their phosphorus etching compound. Prime and then paint. This stuff is great in salt water. I had a sample submerged for 3 months in a boat house. It had minimal growth and what was on, wiped right off. Check it out!

Comment

Talking to Marty (we used to work together) he said that the steel hull was a transition between the wood hulls and onto the fiberglass hulls.
                              He knew the boats and had his favorite. [ATTACH]15869[/ATTACH]
                              Attached Files
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen
                              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Very nice
                                Originally posted by Helmar, post: 28139, member: 59
                                Talking to Marty (we used to work together) he said that the steel hull was a transition between the wood hulls and onto the fiberglass hulls.
                                He knew the boats and had his favorite. [ATTACH]15869[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X