Over the top Seafair Sedan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the top Seafair Sedan

Someone put a ton of work and money into this one. Check it out.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...edan-101901775

It says it is a 59, but I'm thinking a 60 or ?. My 59 Seafair side emblem just says Seafair. I read some where that in 1960 they changed it to Seafair Sedan.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

That is looking like someone really put some time in on the details.
    I don't remember what the hardware was on those. I found some of that stuff that appeared to be aircraft aluminum. It was hard to file the nicks out and buff up and polish. Not too sure I would use paint on the rope hardware. It looks show good but not practical to do the upkeep on it for me...

Sure looking good doesn't it. Not sure he is going get the 50 something for it but might be enough to say, Hey, I tried to sell it but wasn't going to give it away Sure hope he was able to do most of the work himself and not have to farm it all out.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Wow. nice job for sure, but 53K? Not so much. I do like the hand rail on top of the deck. I have the original ones for my 404 but cringe at the cost of getting them re-chromed. Perhaps a set like that would be in order...
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

This is what happens when "car people" try to restore a boat. It looks AWESOME but when you really get into the details it is not user friendly at all!! The nice looking, comfortable, tweed interior will rot in a heartbeat if left out in the weather, at all. All the storage lockers are lined with carpet which traps moisture against the wood and leads to mildew and rot, very quickly... The "ski pole" mounted to the fuel cell is a common thing on pleasurized speed boats and they are notoriously weak (they tend to rip the seat and top of tank up when really loaded)...

Would be a great boat for someone who can keep it in dry heated storage and only use it on perfect days, if used for anything more than boat shows...

Sorry, just my opinion...
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Your rant makes sense, the only counter to all of it would be the fact that the boat is in San Diego, where the weather is in that boats favor for the most part.

Comment

$53,000, WOW! I like those 59 Johnson 35's on the stern!
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
            X