they are still out their

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they are still out their

cool find,,,,,,,,, a 1957 SKAGIT 20ft express cruiser in the same hands for 35 years,,,, skagit boat co gave it new to a ymca camp on orcas island....notice the wood motor splash well...no metal window frames or side metal trim on this one still has metal name badges on both sides has ride guide steering..sink/ toilet ect,,,,,,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike pingatore; 02-05-2015, 02:46 PM.

Mike-
    great find, a 1957 ! Can't tell from the pics if the glass on the upper windshield is cracked or not. If not cracked, a keeper, those are valuable, along with the fiberglass frame.
    Not a color scheme we've seen from factory, must be a later application. Maybe the "new" paint covers the 1957 hull stripe.
    Looks like an original canvas top frame sitting in horizontal position there.
    Also a common thing to see is the cut down of the transom for a 20" motor. From the factory they came with a 22" height to accommodate the common "longshaft" twin OMC 35's of the era. Cut down was usually done by the marina that outfitted the boats and it was a crapshoot as to whether they did a competent job on the glass patch in that area.
    Nice pics, Mike, and thanks for posting. Cool to find another....Any idea if the owner was thinking of selling ?
    bruceb

Comment

greetings bruceb glass is good wants to sell....has vintage 4 wheel trialer with new wheels/tires

Comment

I thought you bought this one? I'm interested in the upper glass, but would hate to part out a boat that can be restored.

Comment

kelly not parting it out its a great boat for a new club member

Comment

How much for the whole boat?

Comment

hi kelly the 1957 or the 1959.......make me an offer.....both have nice trailers and new wheels an tires

Comment

Working...
              X