Found another one!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found another one!

As most of you are aware, I own two 1960 Skagit 25 footers. The first one is a green and white one that I purchased from Marty Loken several years ago with the idea of fixing up. The second one I just purchased from Robert down in Portland named Arthur and it is already fixed up. Well, I was driving down the road that I drive at least two or three times a week every week and I just noticed another Skagit 25. It has been here in my own backyard for probably 15 or 20 years. I haven't had a chance to go in and take a look at it, as it is in a gated lot but who knows I might be able to jump the fence in the next week or two
    Attached Files
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

That cabin is something else... Never understood why anyone would build something like that. The trailer appears to be decent. I think having 3 25 footers might almost get you into the same asylum as Tim Jones and his 2 31 footers... He's got 62 feet and you'd have 75, that might make you crazier.
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

greetings stoped by a few summers ago on the way to the ocean beaches and looked it over,,,,,,,,,its a gonner,,,,,,,,, the guy said it was once a craber years ago

Comment

Does anyone know how many of those were made ?

Maybe Tim Jones, might know too.

I had some sweet idea's on how to convert one to a I/0 like the fiberform I used to have.
        The X has that for sale for something ridiculous. I think she was asking 1000 and it had the Calkins roller salt water trailer under it.
        I even had the engine for it. 302 Deep V and would have been Perfect for the San Juans and putting around.
        The Outdrive was rebuilt on it and I was even thinking about using it as a donor boat for the 25 Skagit.
        It even had duel helms on it.
        Maybe in my next life
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Yeah, this boat is toast, watching it since 2006, when we were looking for a 31 footer in Grays Harbor. Cool thing was it had a marine map of the La Conner area as the surface for the table in cabin, something we know they did as a standard thing on 24/25s. Cool seat cushions, don't know if that was from the factory or not.
          Think I've posted the estimate on how many were made total and the designers Skagit commissioned to loft it- Nickum and Spaulding.
          Furthest one away is in East Coast of Canada, one on Quadra Island, one on Vancouver Island, Karl's 2, this one in Gray's Harbor, one in Arizona. That makes 7.
          I would guess no more than 20 were made, with the possibility that Skagit made a few hulls for gill netters on top of that.DSCN1689.JPGDSCN1683.JPGDSCN1682.JPG

Comment

hey guys can some one turn karl skagit picture upright

Comment

Here you go...
              Skagit 25.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X