Free boats (!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free boats (!)

Well, here we are again with an overflowing park-n-hide lot, needing to quickly make room for more incoming craziness. Several boats have to go, whether I like it or not, including:

1) FREE 1956 BELL BOY 18' runabout project. I've advertised this one before and for some reason nobody has taken the bait, even though it's a great model (sort of a slightly mini Skagit 20' Tyee, with generous cockpit space, original trim and hardware, but unfortunately no title). I might have an older, free trailer that could support the boat...at least for the ride home, but let's just say officially that the boat doesn't come with a trailer. I've been paying storage fees for this boat way too long--it's got to go to someone else, or to the dump in small pieces. Needs new plywood in transom, new cockpit floor, seats, paint, and new plexiglass in windshield. (First photo, below, of green/light green boat.)

2) FREE SKAGIT 14' SPORTSTER, with free trailer. No titles, but a great project. Simple transom to replace; needs new floor, seats and paint, but a great model with the bridgedeck separating the forward and rear cockpits. Original red and white gelcoat. (Second photo, below)

3) FREE 1952 AXTELL 14' racing runabout, wooden, non-trip chines and a very sleek design with tumblehome transom, plywood sides, planked bottom over sawn frames. Hull is in good structural shape; needs new plywood or planked deck, paint, steering, general restoration. Bring your own trailer, or buy the one it's sitting on for $300. Have title for trailer, but not for boat. (Third photo, below)

4) FREE DORSETT RUNABOUT - It pains me to let this one go, because except for needing new transom plywood, cockpit floor and the other usual restoration items, it's a beautiful and soft-riding hull in original yellow gelcoat. I even have a title for the boat. It's free without a trailer, or $250 with the repainted and titled trailer it's sitting on. (Fourth photo, below)

Boats are all located in Nordland, WA 98358; a 45-minute drive from the ferry dock in Kingston, or one-hour jaunt from the Bainbridge ferry landing. If you have questions or want to claim a prize, please e-mail Marty@islandboatshop.com

Boats need to be picked up pretty soon...I can't hold them for additional months.

Thanks,

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

free trailer

Don't miss the ad below, there is a free trailer to haul one of these free boats home. :cool1:
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Man, if you werent so far away i'd be right there to pick up that 52. Great looking boat! Actually if I had the room i'd want all of em in my back yard!hahaha

Comment

52 Axtell racer is a sweet boat

Picture of a restored Axtell river racer on Mason Lake... Helm moved to front cockpit.
        Attached Files
        Bruce H. Drake
        1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
        1957 Norseman 19' woodie
        1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
        1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Working...
        X