Rosario going on market soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario going on market soon

The lovely Skagit 17 Express Cruiser that we bought from Chuck Carey some years ago will be sold soon. Here's the story. She, well, the 1986 Evinrude 50 hp. twin, let us down earlier this month. We took her to a boat shop to see what was wrong. The shop is booked far into the future so I got to thinking about updating the power plant. That lead to 4 stroke motors in the 60, 75, 90 and up range at prices around $5,000. The next step from there was, maybe we should look for a boat in that price range and gain a bit bigger boat for the bigger waters of the San Juans.
    From there, it went to looking at a 1992 Blue Water Monte Carlo. Not a classic boat, in my opinion, but a different boat that has a cuddy and would suit us. So, we bought it. When we get Rosario home with a sound outboard (or perhaps, sob, no motor), she will be posted. No prices or pictures yet as we have to see where this is going.
    Maybe this should be posted in "general" but it seems like a boat soon for sale, should be in classifieds. Watch this space in the coming weeks for pictures and price.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

I'm sure she'll sell with the vultures around here...

Blue Waters are supposed to be good boats and should do you well. You'll miss that classic look though !
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28249, member: 339
      I'm sure she'll sell with the vultures around here...

Blue Waters are supposed to be good boats and should do you well. You'll miss that classic look though !
      'I'm sure she'll sell with the vultures around here..."
      Hmmmmm..vultures around here. I had no idea!

Tim
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Jerry, Will be sorry to see her go ! Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Jerry, What happened to the 50 Evinrude?
          Greg James

Comment

Jerry, when you make the decision I would like to volunteer as "first vulture". I have always liked that boat, and Michele was very impressed with it at our very first club event way back when chuck first restored her...
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

[ATTACH]15978[/ATTACH]
              Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 28265, member: 40
              Jerry, when you make the decision I would like to volunteer as "first vulture". I have always liked that boat, and Michele was very impressed with it at our very first club event way back when chuck first restored her...
              Brian, That was one of the one's i should have kept, but as things go there was always another in the wings.I think it was Bainbridge Skagit 20. Now that i have kind of a spin off of it in the Skagit 20 Chippewa i'am doing, that has help the sting somewhat. One thing i did was called Jerry when i got the Skagit i have now from GregS and ask him if he would not mind if i did somewhat a close to the same color idea's . Always wanted to buy it back when Jerry was going to sell it someday, but now that i have Chippewa i don't have the itch so much. That picture is GregJ and i going to South Sound from Edmonds in 07. Oh yea and that basket case picture when i got her home in 1996. Still like her ! Hope you get it ! Few pictures.
              Attached Files

Comment

She really was a basket case when you get her... What is that pilot house?? Why do people build those on these sleek boats?!?
                Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 28272, member: 40
                  She really was a basket case when you get her... What is that pilot house?? Why do people build those on these sleek boats?!?

I think he was a fisherman. I had a tiny splinter of glass ( non safety glass ) in my thumb for years and finally came out. Greg's Skagit was my first and Rosario second and there was about 6 i restored 2 were in good shape out of those 8. Flip 4 others that i did not keep.

Comment

Hey, I'm a fisherman and you don't see me putting something that ugly on the 404...
                    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                    Past Affairs:
                    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                    X