Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like a good Skagit

www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/20-Classic-Fiberglass-Cruiser_22483126

That looks kind of odd being a 1957. To me it looks like a Late 1958 as its got that 1959 helm windshield on it. The key is here is Late 1958.......
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

This is my boat - I have to give up on finishing my restoration cause we're moving. (I've changed the date on the ad - its a guess anyways as I really don't know for sure the date of manufacture). If you search my other posts you can see all the work that I've done and pictures to see it as well. I took it out a few times last year but then the trim on the motor wouldn't go all the way down and as a result we couldn't go anywhere too fast. I think the best part of this boat is the epoxy and 1/4 marine plywood transom that took me months to build up and finish. It looks great and it's built to last another 60 years. If anyone's interested my contact info is in the ad.

Comment

I had a look, nice boat, Chris has done a ton of work, just needs finishing. Like the top!
        Good Luck, sad to see you give it up, it has soul!
        Robert

Comment

Ha ha Robert so it looks like you found yourself a Skagit after all! Turns out I am keeping mine as well. Plans to move have changed and I cleared up a little space in the yard to work on this boat again over the winter. My wife is .... thrilled...

Comment

Good news, glad you can continue the project. Looking forward to getting the 2 skagits out there on the water one day soon. I will be on the hunt for a motor over the winter for a spring dunking. Just redoing the transom now. Thanks for paving the way with your transom ordeals! The axel you have, what is the dimension of the centerlines of the spring perches? I may convert the suspect old tandoms to a single axle.
            Cheers Robert

Comment

Working...
            X