Homelite Bearcat Inventory for sale.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homelite Bearcat Inventory for sale.

This was a good friend of mine that passed away. I am selling all this for his wife. $1200 for everything, or best offer.

Best I can guess, he had at least 7 engines. One of them went on his boat, one was totally rebuilt with parts found in the USA that were new cross over parts from Crosley and other companies.

The other engines he pulled apart for storing things......Not sure the thinking there (he used to restore Honda motorcycles from the 60's and 70's) other than I did pickup in a conversation he kind of wanted to keep them hidden from the little woman and Hated using Storage units.

So, here is what I have found and moved to a new storage unit.

2 complete homelite hoods
    4 bearcat hoods
    3 stripped power heads
    4 complete power heads
    5 flywheels, 3 larger one's 2 smaller ones
    4 pans for engine blocks
    3 of the newer style controls
    3 of the older style controls with one being Port side mounting.
    Box of distributor parts
    7 exhaust manifolds
    2 carbs in a box, two parts carbs
    6 carbs in a box
    7 props
    7 lower units in different ?? I know 2 of them are mine, one is a short shaft. Not sure how he got so many of them. I found yet another short shaft that has a broken housing but there are other's to be able to rebuild it.
    4 starters ?? All I could find in all the boxes were just 4. Those power heads had starters so that makes 8 total, 9, found one in a box with a broken nose cone.
    One engine he totally rebuilt from new parts that he was able to find, to valves, rings, bearings, seals etc. The carbs were not put back on it nor is the lower end, which is all there.
    Now, I have Gone though all the bigger boxes but just looking for any NOS...I do Not see any NOS.
    This also means there is more than what your seeing in the photos. I am two and a half hours away from the storage unit but will try to find time to get pictures of the used item in those 3 boxes.
    He has a complete copy of the Service and Parts manual that is part of this package.
    Plus I have added more pictures of items.
    Most of the hardware, Fastners, are in the boxes plus I have a picture of a 5 gallon pail that shows to be about 4 gallons full. But, I do to the Honda Motorcycles, there issome metric nuts and bolts in it. Once I get doing going though to retrieve mine to put my motor back together, lower unit, it should still be close to 3 plus gallons of fasterners.

Here is the deal again, I do not want to part this list out, I want the best offer to be able to give to his wife. Right now I am paying storage at $140 a month so each month I will be adding storage fees to the pile of parts.

Helmar@classciboatclub.com

Images to follow.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X