Some thoughts on returning to boating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillF, post: 15106
    Thanks for the good comments and suggestions. This certainly is a good group of folks. It looks like there are more than enough of us with similar feelings to do a few non-Saturday things. These do not have to be grand in scope, nor planned really far in advance. Perhaps just a little running around on local lakes?

Perhaps I did not make it clear enough that I was thinking of additional get-togethers, rather than replacing any of the standard events, so that those who can participate only on Saturdays would not lose anything. Rather, those who prefer (or can only participate on) non-Saturdays could expand their choices. There is a lot to be said for missing the summer Saturday crowds and almost out-of-control boats, and for seeing fall football games without already knowing the outcomes. There is no necessity to choose between being a boater or something else. We can come close to having it all, with a bit of planning.

I have to do a little preparation of my boat, Bluejacket, and then I'll be eager to go.
    Bill,

There are always "unscheduled" trips that pop up during the year, when someone posts that they're going out and invites others to come along. Some of us working stiffs have schedules that are flexible enough to allow us to sneak in an afternoon cruise or take a day off during the week. Just post here and with enough notice you'd likely find folks who'd love to go out. Of course, if you retired guys plan a two-day trip during the week, you'll have to put up with the jealous ribbing from those of us who can't go!

The only thing stopping us from having scheduled club events on Sundays is folks speaking up and making it happen. It hasn't come up at our last two annual planning meetings (hint, hint ) so scheduling events on Sundays hasn't been a planning priority. If the majority wants more events on Sundays they sure can make it happen. Let's see ... our next planning meeting is in November, I think ... VeryBigSmile

Tim

Comment

Tim, as Commodore, can't you borrow a method from our esteemed Congress and just "deem that it happened" ?

Comment

Originally posted by BillF, post: 15202
        Tim, as Commodore, can't you borrow a method from our esteemed Congress and just "deem that it happened" ?
        Sorry Bill, even though I'm a power mad dirt bag, I can't ...

Comment

Working...
        X