• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, Whatever is fine. Best,Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We are planing on going with the TABU and have lots of room for any one who wants to ride along, the more the better, We will be warm and dry and of course have hot and cold drinks and food and even a head.
      You can email me if you want to come along at jay@dmcsidecars.com or phone 206-920-2196
      Jay

Comment

derelicts r us...

...glad to see we're back on track to a great Opening Day - shine and show. opcorn1:

Per my idiosyncratic M.O., I cannot guarantee a cohesive look, but know that our dog/salmon Coulee is ready to support the effort with her outfit.

Thank you for taking this on B-Flat!

Comment

Brian has a challenging position,having set the High-bar for enthusiasm for 3 straight years,now trying(Doing...is a better word) to lead the group at the same time.
          I trust he`ll do an awesome job and hope to be there to lend a Fin.
          We do have one full Orca suit I should be able to get one of my kids to wear.
          I`ll take one more Octo sweater for disguising my Kicker motor.
          Also glad you remembered our casual approach.....spritzed with glimpses of Zaniness when the moment calls for it.(No more spinning Fins!,at least until you pass the judges....:nono1.
          2007 was hard to beat as far as numbers of people and boats ,but the April 16th turnout seems to show we`ll have more than enough classic Glass and wood to make our presence known yet again.
          TM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Hey Tim, I would think they would not approve a group if their boat numbers started to fall off ? So we need everybody with their boats to come to the parade so we can keep the numbers up and for the general public to see that these boats are still out on the waters long after a lot of people thought they would be long gone, even after the builders thought so ! This club is (as the name saids ) for Classic boats fixed up or not. A few pictures from past years. Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

Good Fun!

Looking forward to having good fun on the water and in the parade for Opening Day!!

I will take (1) of the octopus costumes, for sure!

Thanks much for coordinating!!

Roger Morse
              Talon, 10' Roberts Minicraft
              =====
              Roger Morse
              talon1965mini@gmail.com
              Stimson Marina, Ballard

Comment

Chuck, Thanks for the pictures. A nice reminder of all the fun had in past parades. I finished the plashwell yesterday and it turned out nice especially considering I wasn't even going to do it. It looks like there is going to be a nice window in the weather Fri. and Sat. so I can tape today and paint tomorrow and start putting the boat back together Sat.. Maybe I will be able to get everything done by parade time. It's been a bitch trying to get this done in between scwalls. I didn't expect winter to go into
                the last part of April.
                Greg James

Comment

Greg, I will move Itchy out of the shelter if that would help you. See that picture ? That could be your boat back there. Yea, the weather has been crappy.Yesterday i installed the fuel switch so i can take a backup 12 gal tank ( that will make 40 gals ) on maybe some of the longer trips. Chuck
                  Attached Files

Comment

More good info

Check out this discussion of Opening Day happening in another thread, including some good info from Brian Franchini. Brian, I'm glad you posted this, I think a lot of us who haven't done the parade yet assume that it requires hours of sitting in the boat and waiting and it's nice to hear that you don't have to do that.

[ame="http://www.classicboatclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3104"]New to Group- Woodway WA - Northwest Classic Boat Club Forum[/ame]

Comment

Tim Jones, Opening Day

Just fyi since he hasn't been heard from lately, Tim called yesterday afternoon to report that his computer's been down for the past week or more...but that he's still running the Saratogan down to Seattle this Friday, so that he can participate in the Opening Day Parade.

- Marty
                      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I will be there for sure. I have been trying to do some touch up. I thought I was almost done last Friday but the next mourning I went out to admire my work and maybe pat myself on the back only to discover that a cat had walked along the full length of the starboard side in half dried paint. I had to take it all the way down,reprime and repaint. The second coat is going on today. I think I am going to take the suspected colprit for a one way boat ride. Thank god for good weather. I am near done but I think I'm going to scip some of the other touch up and wait for consistantly better weather. See you all on Saturday.:donttouch:
                        Greg James

Comment

The plan

The plan for any one who would like to ride along with us it to leave our slip at the Newport Yatch basin at 8:00.
                          We have lots of room aboard the Tabu and will have hot and cold food and drinks. If you would like to ride along email me at jay@dmcsidecars.com or phone at 206-920-2196
                          For any one who does not know, Tabu is a 1940 42ft Chris-Craft DCEB with a fly bridge added on 54 years ago.
                          Jay

Comment

Brian...List

Hey Brian,Will there be a final listing made up on the board of who's all coming to the parade this year ? I do know that you started asking on April 14, but some of that information might be a little old by now. Best,Chuck

Comment

First to back out !

Sorry folks but Sarah & I will have to be the first to back out . Sarah's Mom had a serious fall and broke her Hip. She is in the hospital then to Re-hab in Lynden. Little too much to deal with to go boating :Scared2:
                              Things are never going to be the same but hopefully things will stabalize and we will get relaxation time again soon . Sorry to miss this cruise it's a great time .
                              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Rick & Sarah, Sorry to hear that. Hope things improve for Sarah's Mom. Best,Chuck

Comment

Working...
                                X