Rust never sleeps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust never sleeps

Saw this trailer on the road yesterday, I sure hope he doesn't have to stop suddenly. I don't know how he could even retrieve the boat! It's hard to see in the photo but the base of the winch post was rusted through so that you could see spots of daylight all the way around it. This didn't look like a blackberry rescue, the boat looked like it was used regularly.
    Attached Files

Yikes! I hope you're not the only one to notice. :Bigdriving1: That boats going to be a hood ornament.
    '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Self-launching trailer...

:Shocked:

Comment

Trailer Follies

Seen it before,winchstand fills wih water as it drips from a boat cover that just reaches the bow.Cover the top of the winchstand or fab a plug for it.Drains can be drilled in it ,then spot painted to prevent rust.

I`ve seen even worse rust ,....... on the Yellow Submarine(aka MissBeeHaven) Retrieval Tour,which I drug home from Issaquah 2 years back.
        I put a ratchet strap from the rusty winch to the frame in case the cable let loose.Got home and drilled a hole to drain under the floors.....after 4 ,5 gallons buckets were filled ,I un-did the strap and the frame lowered to the ground! Weird.....
        Wiggled it up one time and it snapped the frame from the tongue.
        This became a 2 pc trailer that was rolled out into the back 40 as a conversation pc.CutUp1
        Towed it home at 3:30 pm on Memorial Day weekend with 3-4 lanes of traffic behind me the whole way........so lucky.
        The newer 10 year old trailer did suffer a blow-out the day I sank the Glasspar so disaster can occur to even "modern" equipment.
        I also had my Dorsett on the ramp one time(kids in truck....) and had the base of the winchstand snap off as I tightened the safety chain......which did nothing as it no longer was attatched to the trailer!
        Luckily I had the bow line draped into the truck bed which I snared as the roller trailer "re-launched " my hull.:shocked4:
        Would you believe I once was featured in a TBS special ,"Danger at the Beach?". True story.......
        This year has included Danger at the Dock,Danger on/around the Slough ,and Danger on the Highway....
        TimM
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

So that's whay you drive a SAFE Boat...
          "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

I seen one that was rusted, full of holes but it had been filled up with Concrete

Talk about a patch job :Scared2:
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 10500
              I seen one that was rusted, full of holes but it had been filled up with Concrete

Talk about a patch job :Scared2:

Comment

Working...
              X