15.8 Degrees (!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15.8 Degrees (!)

Wow...was it as cold everywhere else this morning (?)...15.8 degrees at our place. Glad I put heaters under some of the boat motors this weekend, and topped-off the firewood stack.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

34 at the house, 24 at the top of the driveway, the lake must still be warm, but it wont last. We haven't had any frost by the house. I expect that to change soon, like today.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Balmy 29 by the water on Lummi Island.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

A balmy 19 degrees here on South Whidbey this morning. The woodstove is crankin'. It's not even going to get above freezing today!
        Kent & Diane
        '58 Westerner

Comment

Okay, today we finally got frost and it's c-c-c-cooooooold outside. 28 at the house, 18 at the top of the hill. That's about seven stories up, it's amazing that the lake still provides enough heat to regulate the temperature that much.

Checked the heater in Rhapsody last night she's all warm and cozy under the canvas cover.

STAY WARM out there!
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

No kidding, we had 9.9 this morning. It's cooold down here in the hole. There was ice on the Puyallup river this morning.
            1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Baby its COLD outside

Well, its cold here for sure....It got up to Just above freezing today but it has been down at 15.5 on the La Crosse weather system.

Its hard to do anything when everything you touch outside, you get stuck to it

I went to let go of my wood chisel and it was stuck to my glove. Thats Cold.
              Everything is frozen here so it was off to the Fire Hall to get water.

OH, Thanks Marty for that 20 gallon water tank you pulled from something way back then, its now setting on my kitchen counter with a hose bib hooked up to it
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 8240
                Well, its cold here for sure....It got up to Just above freezing today but it has been down at 15.5 on the La Crosse weather system.

Its hard to do anything when everything you touch outside, you get stuck to it

I went to let go of my wood chisel and it was stuck to my glove. Thats Cold.
                Everything is frozen here so it was off to the Fire Hall to get water.

OH, Thanks Marty for that 20 gallon water tank you pulled from something way back then, its now setting on my kitchen counter with a hose bib hooked up to it

Gee, I hope that was a FRESH water tank!

Comment

BTW, don't anyone put their tongue on a metal flag pole!
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

It'th tho lath!!!!:eek:
                    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Working...
                    X