Alder Lake Spring Tune Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alder Lake Spring Tune Up

Since we didn't have a working boat for the Samammish tune up last weekend we decided to have our own spring tune up today. We got our boat back from Tim M. on Wed. evening after a lower unit rebuild and couldn't wait to try her out. After a slow start (Amanda got off work at noon) we finally got ourselves and the boat ready to hit the water, and of course we chose Alder Lake for our testing ground. The lake wasn't busy and we had a very nice afternoon cruising:boater1: in the shadow of Mt. Rainier with the newly rebuilt Evinrude, once again, purring like a kitten.(Thanks again Tim for a great job!) Looks like we are all set for this years opening day parade. Here's some pics of us underway.
    Attached Files

Nice! I spent the day building a fence.

Comment

Tune Up Run

Joe and Amanda -

Great to see you're back on the water and ready for Opening Day.

I'm jealous, too, since I spent the weekend cleaning the garage--(Mo's car finally fits in there, for the first time in five years)--and mowing, weed-eating, ad nauseum. Just trying to keep our boat-littered front yard from looking exactly like the cartoon illustration in Slo-Mo's hilarious video...you know, the one showing a nice, green and manicured lawn before the owner bought an old boat and allowed the weeds and grass to run wild...?) Hopefully, there's a middle ground wherein you collect boats like a fool but still mow around them.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I spent my day doing sheet rock on a new wall I had put up, worked on my Livingston boats (bad shape, repairing for moneys on other boat projects), lots of grinding and glass work.Screwy1

Got to get this out of my head that I like working on boats more than using themVeryBigSmile
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe and Marty, yea i'am kind to the point of just tinkering ( i should not really say that ,as there is not much to tinker on ) on the Farallon ,G-3 just taking them out. That's the way i was for about 5 years and kind of got burnout back in 1998-2003( went to new boats then ) but got right back into the old boat thing in 2003 with the Rosario after i found the persons house i sold it to back in 98 and he had not done anywork on it yet ! This circle just keeps going around and around ! But i must say i'am going to go look at another G-3 soon and would go thru it this coming winter of 2010 but this time a open cockpit one and not a " center deck " just because i have already done that. Would keep " California Girl ". Best,Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 10538
            Joe and Amanda -

Great to see you're back on the water and ready for Opening Day.

I'm jealous, too, since I spent the weekend cleaning the garage--(Mo's car finally fits in there, for the first time in five years)--and mowing, weed-eating, ad nauseum. Just trying to keep our boat-littered front yard from looking exactly like the cartoon illustration in Slo-Mo's hilarious video...you know, the one showing a nice, green and manicured lawn before the owner bought an old boat and allowed the weeds and grass to run wild...?) Hopefully, there's a middle ground wherein you collect boats like a fool but still mow around them.

- Marty
            My father has a strict rule "If her car can fit in the garage, then I need another boat"...
            :boater1:
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, Like this ? I use to have two boats in the garage plus her car. The boat shelter that is 40' has the Farallon and the Skagit in it. Sheila, still can't understand why i would leave the Ford outside over the boats. Chuck
              Attached Files
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
              X