Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lopez in July

Jim -

We'd love to join Tim in saying hello during your Lopez vacation--and you wouldn't want to miss a ride aboard his newly-restored 31-foot Saratogan.

Just let us know when you'll be there, where/when we can get together, etc., and we'll run across to Lopez from our place on Marrowstone Island, near Port Townsend.

Best,

Marty Loken
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Jim, It will be great seeing you and Barbara again in July on Lopez Island. Wow ! , it's hard to realize it has been 5 years. To bring you up to date,last summer i sold my1957 Skagit 17' Rosario to another club member ( nice guy ) and have a 1959 Dorsett 21' Farallon ( purchased in 05 ) that i'am selling at this time and still have another boat that is a 14' Glasspar G-3 purchased in 08 ( the one in the picture ) I still have another 17' 1957 Skagit Express ( need to be restored this winter ...oh yea that's your summer ! ) i will be able to wear my Skagit shirt you where so kind to have made up for us guys. Great seeing you on the board ! Best, Chuck & Sheila
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hey Jim.
        I also have my Skagit Boat CLub Australian Chapter patch that you gave me.
        What is hard to believe is that was the first and last time I ran my 59 Skagit Offshore which was at the Skagits fiftieth anniversary in LaConner.
        The very next year, I tried to take her to the San Juans and started having engine issues.

I think I have that solved now and will be working on it to try to make it up to see you. Just got my parts in today in fact that I need.

Here are the pictures of her at the fiftieth anniversary, then a year later.
        Never had ran after sanded and painted over the Purple paint. She was known as Purple Haze (Jimmy Hendrix)
        I will see if I can dig up the pictures as you might remember it.
        Attached Files
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, Here's one. Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Jim, You did an absolutly beautiful job on the Barbara J. I don,t think I'v seen anything nicer. Quite inspiring. Oh ya, thanks for the pictures Doug.
            Greg James

Comment

Jim, Did you have the cockpit seating and storage units below custom made for her? Chuck
              Attached Files

Comment

Message for Tim Jones

Hi Tim,

Can you please contact me on my home email when you get an opportunity.

jknowles@jkgroup.com.au

Thanks mate

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X