20 ft Skagit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 ft Skagit

Here are some pictures of the 20ft Skagit that sold on Craigslist about a month ago for $1500. The trailer and motor came with the boat plus complete electronics including radar. Probably the best buy ever for a Skagit although another 20ft Skagit almost as good as Bruces original was purchased a couple of weeks ago.
    Attached Files

Wow.
    1500 hundred for a turnkey boat like that....Sweet deal for sure.
    Looks like a late model motor too.:boater1:
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

That is great Clint, what is your point?

Comment

My point is that there are some great buys out there that can put you in the water and boating. Buying $100 boats and spending money to get them in the water, if they get in the water is not the way I choose to go. I did not buy this boat, but I do have two boats that are ready to use and they are used. Clint

Comment

Fair enough Clint, since I don't know you it is difficult to interpret the tenor of your posts. Many of your subjects/comments seem snarky and mean when run through my filter. I look forward to meeting you at the LaConner Classic Car & Boat Show, Saturday, August 14 – with what used to be a $100 1961 Glastron, that I too- plan on using as often as the weather and schedule will allow.

Smilies really help to eliminate miscontruction:

Comment

That would be my interpretation too.
            Good deals can be found !!

Its good that we see things like this from time to time as to know, Good deals are available as long as you keep your eyes and ears open.

Thanks Clint :GoodJob:
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Great Deals are out there

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 11516
              Fair enough Clint, since I don't know you it is difficult to interpret the tenor of your posts. Many of your subjects/comments seem snarky and mean when run through my filter. I look forward to meeting you at the LaConner Classic Car & Boat Show, Saturday, August 14 – with what used to be a $100 1961 Glastron, that I too- plan on using as often as the weather and schedule will allow.

Smilies really help to eliminate miscontruction:
              There are good deals to be found and it is nice to bring one from the Blackberries, But it is also nice to be out on the water !
              My filters sense a little "Defensiveness " You have 5 boats listed and none that float. Look forward to having that Glastron in La Connor - That's only a couple months away. VeryBigSmile
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I have 3 boats. One is water ready ,one is very close & one is a pretty far out there. Even the the finished one only gets used occasionally because of family obligations, home projects etc. Would like to go more but it's just not possible so I try to make the most of the time I do get on the water. My projects are paid for in installments, a scavenged fitting here, a scrap piece of plywood there, an hour here & there. Takes awhile to finish one this way but thats not the point. I enjoy the process and as long as ther's no pressure to complete it thats okay. I suppose there would have to be guys like us who are crazy enough to rescue a 100$ boat and restore it. If not maybe there would not be any 50 year old boats available to just purchase turnkey and enjoy time on the water. Its all good!

Comment

Its all good

"Its all good" is the key phrase. Some of us, Myself included have not finished a boat. but still love working on them and enjoy the dream. Some of you have finished several and sold them off to people who want turn key boats, than finished another for your own use. It takes all of the different types of people and the different goals to make this a perfect world. Praise other peoples accomplishments whether they buy or build because " Its all good" John

Comment

Originally posted by John Berg, post: 11559
                    "Its all good" is the key phrase. Some of us, Myself included have not finished a boat. but still love working on them and enjoy the dream. Some of you have finished several and sold them off to people who want turn key boats, than finished another for your own use. It takes all of the different types of people and the different goals to make this a perfect world. Praise other peoples accomplishments whether they buy or build because " Its all good" John
                    Well said.

Comment

Working...
                    X