Dorsett Maiden Voyage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsett Maiden Voyage

After a couple of years painting and fiddling with the 1960 Dorsett I rescued from the bushes, it finally went in the water on Okanagan Lake today. The 85HP Mercury was rebuilt by Dr Frankenmerc and it ran flawlessly. Top speed was just over 32MPH at 4400 RPM. It cruised very well at around 25MPH at 3200RPM with two people aboard. I just need to adjust the steering to be more centered, maybe a longer arm. I am uploading some pics, which also show a folding back seat I have been experimenting with. Just need to finish some details with the doors and upholstery and I think it will be ready for summer fun. Lets hope it stops raining. Cousin Richard from Camano Island who also has a Dorsett helped with the launch. I tried to upload more than 3 pictures but the program did not seem to take them. I will make them smaller and try again
    Cheers
    John Lomas
    Vernon
    1960 Dorsett Catalina
    1959 Dorsett Eldorado
    1960 Customcraft Manta Ray:boater1:[ATTACH]6255.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6256.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6257.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Looking good John. You weren't kidding about the bushes. Did you have to do any logging to get it out of there? Have fun with her.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Congratulations John, enjoy!

Comment

Looks great! Must feel good to have her on the water. It's nice to see one transition from the blackberries to cruising and being cared for. Way to go.

Tim

Comment

Nice...

Great to see the boat on the water, John. Hope you can make some of our upcoming events, so we can all admire the Dorsett in person.

- Marty
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Congratulations!

Nice to see another classic hit the water! CONGRATULATIONS! Lookin Good!:cool1:
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
            X