Empty Hitch To Connecticut ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Hitch To Connecticut ?

Is anyone going eastbound this summer ? The Dorsett Farallon is sold to a person in Connecticut. Will pay gas as far as you are going. If all else fail , i will meet Chris somewhere in South Dakota. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

getting hitched...

Holy smokes Chuck, not sure if that is great or terrible news. Bittersweet may be the best description.

Glad I got to catch a ride in your baby before it was too late. Hope the new owner is worthy...

Comment

Greg,It is a little bit Bittersweet, but i needed to put some money into my business so it could grow more than what it has been doing. She had to go as i did not want to tap into the retirement funds. To look ahead , i will start working on the 4th 1957 17' Skagit i have own next month ( July ) and hope to have it painted before the fall and complete it in the garage this Fall thru Winter and roll her out next spring. Should be ready for the Seattle opening day parade ! Will start buying ( on sale i hope ) seats,teleflex steering, gas tanks,hardware and all of the rest of the items starting soon. In the meantime, i will be taking "California Girl " on NWCBC events and by the way she is a keeper ! Best,Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

The New Farallon Buyer

I had a good talk with the new Farallon owner yesterday, when he called to ask about details of the boat's restoration, and I can say the Dorsett is definitely going to a good home. It's always sad when we part with special boats, but Chuck can be happy that the Farallon will be well-cared-for in Connecticut.

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, Thanks for answering Chris questions. He might have a transport company coming this Monday or so i will have to get it all set up ready to go. Thanks for all of your help. Best,Chuck

Comment

The Skagit Challenge...

Hey Chuck, Unless you buy something else (a smaller Dorsett perhaps??)to fill the vacuum created as the Farallon pulls away from Homeport: I would like to replicate your effort to have a Skagit ready for Opening Day 2011.:Bigdriving1:

The challenge should not be limited to the Skagit moniker, I can think of a few other "Bellingham" produced boats in progress that could be completed with some motivation.
            :HandHorn1:

Anybody else? :fishing: Pics or it didn't happen:TakePicture1: Here's my starting point-I'll buy lunch for everyone if it isn't done!
            Attached Files

Comment

Have you been spending too much time with resin fumes?!?

:shocked4:

Comment

New windows

Greg, Its quieter to have fixed windows installed with rubber frames because you dont have the aluminum frame and sliders vibrating, If you decide to go with aluminum I have a set of windows I will give you once you get the boat painted. Im reserving these windows for people to restore their keeper boats. the frames look like this and are NOS. They have clear plexi. I replaced the plexi with smoked on my boat, John. I have 4 sets
                Attached Files

Comment

John, Those frames are sweet, can't believe that any of these exist! My project has been chopped 2 1/4" and will be getting reshaped windows, so they won't work for this one unfortunately. What details are keeping your awesome rig off the water?

Tim, I just remembered that you have a Bell Boy Sedan-with a newly acquired I/O set-up. That beauty would be very popular cruising the Montlake Cut next Spring. Built in Bellingham???---Just sayin'

Comment

Greg, I already have the 17' Skagit Express. But you never know ! As far as my plans go , this Skagit WILL blow your socks off and by the way this will be the last boat i will do. I have done enough of them. Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 11568
                      John, Those frames are sweet, can't believe that any of these exist! My project has been chopped 2 1/4" and will be getting reshaped windows, so they won't work for this one unfortunately. What details are keeping your awesome rig off the water?

Tim, I just remembered that you have a Bell Boy Sedan-with a newly acquired I/O set-up. That beauty would be very popular cruising the Montlake Cut next Spring. Built in Bellingham???---Just sayin'
                      Sure, I can have her ready for next spring. And you're going to come build us a new kitchen this winter, right? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 11569
                        Greg, I already have the 17' Skagit. But you never know ! As far as my plans go , this Skagit WILL blow your socks off. No more untill she is completed next spring. Chuck
                        I remember this, you take pictures of corners of the boat and such.
                        Wonder if that will work as some know were you live
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Huh ? lol Maybe a few pictures taken it apart. Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 11575
                            Huh ? lol Maybe a few pictures taken it apart. Chuck
                            :BigHappy1: I remember pictures of your last secret boat you built. You just showed pictures of parts of it but not the whole boat to tease people with
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen
                            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, you are right. Now i remember.I think it was the Stiletto. Chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X