source of free styrofoam blocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source of free styrofoam blocks

FYI. Our local Lowes has small utility trailers outside that are shipped with 12"x12"x19" solid styrofoam blocks. They let me take eight blocks home (and there were still 18 left behind. I suspect that they end out in a recylcing center or land fill. They are particularly nice since they are all the same size. Most even have a thin clear plastic wrapper. I have not checked out other Lowe's to see if they leave the styrofoam outside the front of the store but its worth checking if you are looking for styrofoam.
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Thanks Bruce, will check them out. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Great tip

Originally posted by BruceDrake, post: 12135
      FYI. Our local Lowes has small utility trailers outside that are shipped with 12"x12"x19" solid styrofoam blocks. They let me take eight blocks home (and there were still 18 left behind. I suspect that they end out in a recylcing center or land fill. They are particularly nice since they are all the same size. Most even have a thin clear plastic wrapper. I have not checked out other Lowe's to see if they leave the styrofoam outside the front of the store but its worth checking if you are looking for styrofoam.
      Great tip, I went to the Lowes in B'ham and got 9 of them ,they will be perfect for when I turn the Falls Flyer over and do the bottom and tear the Trailer apart ! Thanks for the tip
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Lowes styrofoam

Rick
        I am glad you found some. I did not know whether it was just going to be my local store. Glad at least one other store hasn't tossed them yet.
        Bruce H. Drake
        1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
        1957 Norseman 19' woodie
        1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
        1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Working...
        X