Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Lust Boat Is Here!!!!

Hi Friends,

So you'all have been a great source of support as we have delved deeper into our classic boat addiction.....co dependent, pushing, supplying you name it you guys have been there for us in our short 1.5 year history of NWCB.

So, thanks to all of you we worked through our issues with the red and white Whitehouse and Johnson 35 Seahorse, buried the Seahorse (R.I.P.) and sold the Whitehouse to a classic boat fan that is eager to bring her back to her back to health. All that went to payments for the Lust Boat, which of course is a different beast for all of us..and our little Lust Boat is...Drum Roll Please....

Norm Boddy's 1963 15' Gold and White Newman with a 1967 Evinrude 40 Twin Motor.

So..we took this boat out last night for our maiden voyage and...WOW... unbelievable. So smooth, so quiet, so......just... buttery slicing smoothly through the water.

For those of you that have not met Norm's boat, it is ( in my humble and inexperienced opinion ) is in pristine MINT condition - just off the 1963 showroom floor. I am PAINED about wanting to take her on salt water, but that is what our family does. We enjoy these classics as they were meant to be, and do our best to care for them while they are being used and loved.

Norm surprised us with a little added bonus as we were leaving - the original flag with the Pop-Eye-ish Newman Sailer / Captain character looking through the telescope..

(BTW, can anyone tell me about these boats with the comical Newman character that were made in Miami OKLAHOMA? Can't seem to find many of them out there and no history on whoever Newman was)

Okay, pics to follow. Needless to say we have been getting an earful of guilt from everyone from the ferrry guys to our neighbors about putting this relic in salt water...so...my friends, how can we really care for this beauty in salt water...in the best possible manner?

PS Yes I know to flush it every time but how do you care for the fiberglass and gorgeous chrome when we live on the beach in a very salty climate?

I would wash it ( marine soap ) each and everytime before and after i took it out. Don't forget to towel dry it before putting it away and get a cover. That what i would do. None of my boats have had any chrome pitting on them and i believe it's because of my washing habits. Have fun! Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks Chuck. Did you say wash before and after..not just after? Why before?

Comment

Lauryn,
        I saw that boat at Norm`s,it is amazing and the cleanest package I`ve ever seen.
        You can cut herring on the Flywheel teeth they are so sharp on the edges.
        The bilge was spotless and obviosly never was used for crabbing.
        Get some Fluid Film (Fisheries Supply) spraylube or Tri-Flow/Corrosion X if you can`t find it ,lube all fastener heads ,the motors frame ,block and boat wiring,light bulb sockets,battery terminals ,all.
        Wax the boat good and use basic Cleaner Wax it gets gets spotty and washing doesn`t cut it.
        Saltaway will also be your friend.
        Also realize you can flush your motor even when moored ,IF you have a long enough hose that is......or do it at the end of each day`s use.
        The Salt will preserve the Wood at least,like a pickling agent.
        The bugs sure hate the stuff,but so does your wiring and all Alum.
        Tim M
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Thanks Tim. Yeah I don' think we'll be using this boat for crabbing, it is just too pretty.

Comment

That is just me about washing it before use as well. The last thing is you want that classic to look good all of the time. There is this " YAHOO " ( don't wanted name names,but he is a member of NWCBC ) down the street ( has water and soap ALL over the road and those people going by just love him after they just went thru the car wash ! ) from me washes his boat about 3-4 times a week even when he's not planning to take it out. So you see i'am not so bad after all. However bug juice on the windshield or freight trucks spray on a wet freeway that just does not make my day ! One thing about California Girl the bugs can not even find her behind the car. Do get a cover. Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

No pics?
              Robert Augur

Comment

Working...
              X