Rosario is okay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario is okay

First the good news. We refloated Rosario yesterday after a great adventure. No harm done. Took her to Eagle Harbor on Cypress Sunday night with Becky and dog Joy for our first overnighter on board. Put her on the shallow muddy beach to rest the Anchor Buddy and the bow ladder. All worked well. Spent the night on a buoy. Next morning beached to potty Joy and left her on Anchor Buddy on fast receding tide. Pull her ashore and ladder down. Cleaned up wet and muddy dog, loaded some choice shells and drift wood, wife and dog. Climbed aboard and pulled up ladder, removed and stored. Gave anchor line a little tug to get the boat off the beach and the motor, which won't tip up when put on tilt, dug into mud.
    Tried cell to see if Vessel Assist could help. Cell wouldn't work. Call CG and ask them to contact Vessel Alert for us. Instead, they sent a boat (little hard bottom inflatable with three 250 Mercs). Since I was out of insulin, they loaded us (including dog) and off to Lummi land to get insulin. Took the 13 minutes harbor to dock.
    Back to Rosario without dog and sat for four more hours until tide floated us free. What an adventure and no harm done. Gotta get that outboard looked at, I guess as it seems like it would be nice to be able to tip it up out of water.
    Attached Files
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry, Did you have the gear shift completely in the home postion before trying to raise the motor ? Now that it is on the trailer have you try to raise it ? Check where it hooks to the lower unit. Maybe a little grease might take care of that. That was nice of the CG. Never seen a bow ladder like that. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hey Jerry, where did you get that ladder? I need one for the Bell Boy.
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Question about ladder

Jerry, I have worked around ladders for years and my gut feeling about that ladder is its an accident waiting to happen. The boat rocking or the sand giving away is a start. Positioning yourself to climb down it is also a problem. Im hoping my concerns are wrong and My mind can be changed.( I am a Democrat so its possible ). Thanks for any feedback. John
        Attached Files

Comment

Jack, I got it used on eBay for $160. I'm quite happy with it. It is by Wesbar Stowaway Ladders of Westbend, Wisc. I haven't checked if they have a webpage. John, I don't really disagree. Have only used it one time but it set nicely on the beach. Water was flat calm so boat wasn't rocking. Climbing over the rail might not have been the greatest but it beat the rope and board ladder than I had fashioned for it. Got four sisters who are Democrats and I haven't been able to change their minds so I don't suppose I'll change yours -
          Chuck the shift lever was in the upright home position and we have been having trouble getting it to release from the ground. The lever goes up to tilt and the locking arms move most of the way but not quite all so I have to pull on the skeg and move the lever on one side while Becky moves the one on the other. I thought it might be like my Merc 650 and was latching on the rod that puts the motor in the correct position. Pulled the rod but see it isn't like the Merc. Suppose our salt air is getting to it. I'll examing it further now I'm home and know how important it is to be able to raise the motor from inside the boat. Also thinking, what if I hit a heavy object at 25 mph? I suppose, since it won't kick up, it would take the bottom off the motor or the transom off the boat. Not good. Better get it fixed.

Comment

Jerry, Please call me @ 425-275-2625

Comment

Don't do it Jerry, he's just gonna chew you out for mistreating Rosario so horribly!!!! :Scared2: Beaching!! :NoWay1: Motor in mud!!! :NoWay1::NoWay1rilling holes for a ladder!!! :NoWay1: AAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

Don't know Tim. I just called Chuck and I think he hung up on me -
                He said "Jerry" and that was the end of the conversation. I tried again and got his mailbox. Come on Chuck. Say we're still friends!

Comment

I warned ya ...

Comment

Jerry et al, it looks like Wesbar is out of the ladder business but I found this place, http://www.boatingbuddy.com/ladder.htm
                    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Thanks Jack. That's my ladder.

Comment

Hey, Hey , Be nice to me. Here i'am trying to make a living and while i'am doing that you guys are giving me a bad time !Just so you know Jerry and i had a very nice conversation . I told him i would call him back in about 10-15 min after i went down to GregJ house and check his motor out and called him from there ,but his line has been busy for the last hour or so. Hummmmm ? Maybe he took it off the hook for his afternoon nap. Chuck

Comment

Bolted on ?

The fact that its bolted on changes everything. Nice ladder. Your Sisters sound nice. John

Comment

Both ladders and sisters are great but set in their ways!

Comment

I would suggest CMC tilt trim bracket. Nothing is better than pushing a button to raise your motor and being able to have optimum trim when runnung. Being able to adjust trim when runnig for different water conditions is really nice. I have one on my 16ft Skagit and really like it. I bought mine through Bill Roberts at a discount. Clint

Comment

Working...
                              X