No announcement yet.

Rosario is okay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I'd love to have one of those but I heard they were around $500. I'm one of those poor Intalco retirees that managed to sell a leather coin purse full of old French coins that my dad brought back after WW! on eBay for 50 bucks so I can buy one of those handles that helps me tilt the motor. Dad would have loved it!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Wondered why you didn't call back Chuck. Guess my wife got hold of the phone. I'm off to town to resupply today but will either call this afternoon or evening. Somehow missed your post until this morning.

Comment

Okay. After Clint suggested a power lift and I rejected the idea as too expensive (figure just need to get Becky to do some weight lifting and all will be well), I'm told by a CPO on iBoat forum that I need the tilt assist replaced. Those things are $400. Maybe I will talk to Bill Roberts but can't locate him on member list.

Comment

Jerry, Call Norm. You have his number. Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Ladder

That ladder looks like something out of a Marx Bros movie! Harpo designed!:shocked4:
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Now be nice Tim. The ladder gets an old man and his old lady up and down from the boat without us getting hurt and it folds to 9 inches for easy storage. I was sent a link to see them new and they are selling for nearly $400. I "stole" this one for $160 including shipping!

Comment

Jerry ,
                Looking for a tilt-assist unit?
                I happen to have one like -new ,just for you!
                Needs to be the longshaft OMC though,short ones very rare....
                CMC brackets are cool but can scoop water at the lower edge of some hulls,depends on how low it is mounted and how the water climbs after the last inch of bottom.Some water may spray back at the Transom/splashwell in some cases,usually raising one hole on the motor bolts get you clear again.
                TM
                unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                SeaRay 175BR
                Hi-Laker lapline
                14` Trailorboat

Comment

Thanks Tim. I talked to Norm Boddy yesterday and he doesn't think a tilt assist is what I need. He suggested that "wire" that hooks to the tilt arm might need a bit of shortening. I shot more grease into the tilt assist and put grease on everything I could get to hold still. Then I sprayed everything with Corrosion X and worked the motor and tilt lever many times. Right now, it releases to let me tilt the motor up (although I'm too weak to tilt it from inside the boat) but it won't go down when I flip the lever down and lift the motor a bit to let those brackets release from tilt. The one on the starboard side isn't attached to anything but has a lever on it that I can release to tilt the motor back down. I took some pics hoping to show what I'm talking about but my camera won't release them to my computer. I can view them in the camera but then it says "unknown format" and won't tranfer them. Everything mechanical and electronic hates me! I just bought a 60 inch Mitsubishi HD TV at a charity auction and now we can't find a place anywhere in our house for it. The group auctioning it off says they want it out of there so I'll put it in my garage. With my luck, we'll drop it getting it off the truck or, maybe worse yet, I'll like it so much that I'll leave the car and truck outside and make the garage into my home theater.

Comment

Reshot pics of tilt

So, with luck, here are some pics of the manual tilt that isn't working right. Think the first pic shows the problem area but doesn't make any sense to me. Others are right and left side of tilt.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jerry, Call Norm back and set up a appointment to take it in and get it fixed. The moment he looks at it he will know what the problem is. By the way the lever on the starboard side , all it does is locks the motor up. See the cut out on the lever. In that picture you don't have it all of the ( the motor ) way up to stay in the cut out. It does not hook to anything else. Best,Chuck

Comment

Guess I'm going to gotta do that when the ferry comes back. Yah, I know about the lever on the starboard side but isn't it supposed to lock up when you tilt the motor all the way up? What you see is what you get when you tilt the motor. Don't see that lever connecting to anything except the bolt it pivots on. Thanks Chuch. BTW, you and Sheila going to stay at the Channel Lodge in LaConner again next month? Becky and I made reservations for the Friday night. Will run Rosario down by water if weather permits.
                        Jerry

Comment

Jerry, Sheila & I will be skipping the show in LaConner this year. Instead we will be going to the First G-3 Event in the NW down at Spencer Lake by Shelton on Sunday the 15th. Can only go to so many. Chuck

Comment

It is our 31 anniversary present to each other. Have fun at the G-3 event. Jerry

Comment

Reeeaalllyy Jerry?

You're taking your wife to a car and boat show for your anniversary?!?

what a lucky guy ...

Comment

Yeah, she's the greatest! A definite keeper. She loves classic cars and boats.

Comment

Working...
                                X