X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of getting into boat detailing

Getting into boat detailing

Hey guys and gals,
    i have been experimenting with boat detailing i figured i would post a thread and see if any club members would like to get their boats detailed. Just figured i would see if there are any takers in the club. Can do exterior only or both interior and exterior prices starting at $15 a ft for exterior only and $20 a ft for interior and exterior. lemme know if interested

ron

unknown year 10ft hydro
    1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Boat Detailing

Ron -

There's probably a demand for the service, despite the economy, but my own question would be what a 'basic' exterior detailing might include...especially when it comes to a typical old classic-glass runabout or express cruiser (?)

Paying $315 to have a 21-footer washed and waxed might seem high, but if you're willing to rub out oxidized gelcoat, and also do the the wash and wax, I'd invite you to race right over and have at it. (I'll pay your ferry fare and reimburse for gas.)

A basic description of the intended service would be helpful to everyone as they try to assist you in evaluating the prospective business.

Good idea....

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 12449
      Ron -

There's probably a demand for the service, despite the economy, but my own question would be what a 'basic' exterior detailing might include...especially when it comes to a typical old classic-glass runabout or express cruiser (?)

Paying $315 to have a 21-footer washed and waxed might seem high, but if you're willing to rub out oxidized gelcoat, and also do the the wash and wax, I'd invite you to race right over and have at it. (I'll pay your ferry fare and reimburse for gas.)

A basic description of the intended service would be helpful to everyone as they try to assist you in evaluating the prospective business.

Good idea....

- Marty
      marty,
      the basic exterior would consist of pressure washing washing waxing and also rubbing out the gelcoat it's a work in progress since i detail cars for a living i figured why not do boats as well.i am still doing some research into it to make sure all the bases are covered. any input that anyone might have would be awesome. i will lwt you know as soon as i get everything in place it was just an idea that came to mind. i have some phone calls to make as well to get a better idea.and as far as interior it would at this point consist of washing windows,cleaning seats and carpets,steam clean motor and outdrive.i will have some more about it in a few days.
      ron

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Might be helpfull.....

http://www.fiberglassics.com/restora...boat-detailing

Comment

Originally posted by timw, post: 12455

thanks tim that was very helpful
          ron

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Hey Ron,

Let your work speak for itself, bring your detailed rig to the next event. If people are impressed...your in business!:TakePicture1:

Comment

first customer?

Hey Ron,

We would like to get a quote for an upper hull/deck exterior polish job on this Bryant 20'.:HandHorn1:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 12867
                Hey Ron,

We would like to get a quote for an upper hull/deck exterior polish job on this Bryant 20'.:HandHorn1:
                greg,
                gimme a call 425 263 9918
                ron

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Working...
                X