Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

196?? Dorsett San Juan Inboard (Converted from an OB)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 196?? Dorsett San Juan Inboard (Converted from an OB)

What do y'all think? Motor starts on the first turn and purrrrrs.

Ron

1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan Outboard converted from an Inboard
    1962 Dorsett San Juan Inboard converted from an Outboard Now conveting back to an Outboard.......We'll get it right someday

The Motor, Prop and Rudder

Engine

Cut Bearing and Packing. Supposed to drip a bit of water when tightened properly...keeps it cool.

It's being dragged home as I type this....comments?? It's my first San Juan. Anyone know the year? It was listed as a 1965

Ron
    1962 Dorsett San Juan Inboard converted from an Outboard Now conveting back to an Outboard.......We'll get it right someday

Comment

Congratulations!

Looks pretty nice Ron, hope you enjoy her for a long time!

:cool1:

Comment

Great find!!

Looks like a real winner!! The motor and running gear all look terrific. Looks like somebody did a lot of work. Let us know how the sea trials work out. Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Wonderful score. Mike

Comment

Nice one Ron. I like it. What is the length?
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

San Juan Inboard...

Very cool boat, Ron. Where did you find it, and when will you have the first sea trials?

I'm eager to hear test results, since I've got a 20-foot Skagit express inboard that needs to be put together this winter.

- Marty
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 12490
              Nice one Ron. I like it. What is the length?
              It's officially a 19' but it sure seems bigger than that. Seems like an ocean liner compared with my Seafair.

First off the boat is even sweeter in person and the name..well it's P-E-R-F-E-C-T

There's even a sweet wooden ladder to get in with a step on the inside..nice for broken guys like me.

The Cockpit is very roomy with PLENTY of room for walking and fishing. THe cabin is in great shape.

Comment

Here's some pics from various angles

Comment

Took her down to the Marina for a dunk today. It was terribly choppy and windy..of course...and she handled the rough water like a dream. Softer ride than even the Glasspar. She's BIG though..Seems Way bigger than the Seafair. Here are some pics of her at the Marina. I am uploading a YouTube video and will post the link when it's done. You'll hear the motor..it sounds awesome. Marty I found her in Monterey. The owner was an engineer and mechanic. He converted and restored the boat himself and did a professional job. He recently passed away and his old fishing buddy had it on Craigslist for the widow. He told me she wanted to see a family get the boat and would be delighted to see some pics of kids on her husbands old boat. That is something I can definitely accomodate. We got her for $3K. We all walked away from the deal smiling...It all just felt so right...you all know how it is. I am sure she's going to give us many years of fun and fish and safe boating for the family. Now for fishing while the Seafair gets repaired.

Ron

Home Made Rudder Position Gauge. The Previous owner was a genius.

Comment

Question

Does anyone know the reason the for the top window folding back. It is hinged, glass and heavy as heck. Why would you want to fold it back? Just curious. The hardware looks new.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald64, post: 12496
                      Does anyone know the reason the for the top window folding back. It is hinged, glass and heavy as heck. Why would you want to fold it back? Just curious. The hardware looks new.

Ron
                      So the boat will fit in a garage or carport. :cool1:

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C, post: 12500
                        So the boat will fit in a garage or carport. :cool1:
                        AAHHHHHHHH!! Nice. Knowing that....that's a cool feathure. They thought of everything back then. AWESOME.

Thank You
                        Ron

Comment

Here's the video. And before everyone comments and makes wisecracks (some well deserved wisecracks) yes we were obviously obsessed with the blower for some reason....and we finally did figure out it was the throttle....not the "Neutral throttle" or the "clutch" ??? but the throttle . We're new to inboards and excited as heck...just keep that in mind when watching. Oh and my children get their sense of tact from me..."are we moving yet?" "It's not working daddy" We're still on the steep part of the learning curve for this boat. That motor is real throaty and smoooooth.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7k2tLnbA6Y"]YouTube- Dorsett San Juan first day home.mpg[/nomedia]

Ron

Comment

Drive it like you stole it, because for 3K you did!
                            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Hey, better to be obsessed with the blower than to ignore it ...

That's what it's all about, having fun on the water with the family. I'm sure the former owner of Day Tripper would be delighted to see her being enjoyed so much by her new family. He obviously loved the boat and put a lot of work into her.

Right on. :cool1:

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X