Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

196?? Dorsett San Juan Inboard (Converted from an OB)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got a great boat !

I don't think its a 1965 I would say 1960 -1961 . Does not have the Dyna Plane Hull and the sides from the cabin to the stern have that extra piece to help keep the kids from falling out . That boat will go through any water you want to take it in. Biggest 19 ft. boat you will find. Here are some shots of a 1960 my friend has . Enjoy that boat , :boater1:

I included a shot of my 1964 Dorsett Catalina so you can see the difference in the hull and the sides from the cabin to the stern.

Nice boat and have fun.
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Nice boat, welcome to the inboard boating family!!!

From one inboard newb to another, we all look a little foolish the first time we take a new boat to the dock and we tend to look even more foolish when we get into a motor / propulsion system we're not familar with. I think from the video you guys did a great job for a first time. Now you have set a benchmark and things can only (most of the time) get smooth and simpilar.

Happy Motoring!!!

:boater1:
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Thanks guys. That white San Juan is gorgeous. The Catalina looks like it has a bit more bow flare at the top...drier ride. As you can see in the video we were taking them over the top. Gotta figure out a better plan for bucking chop in a headwind....maybe a raincoat. We finally figured out the throttle and shifter. The Velvet drive is nice. Not even a click when you shift it into gear. Hard to tell it goes in it's so smooth. I love that San Juan. Can't wait to run her up in some smoother water and haul some fish over the side of her. :catchfish1:

Ron
        1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan Outboard converted from an Inboard
        1962 Dorsett San Juan Inboard converted from an Outboard Now conveting back to an Outboard.......We'll get it right someday

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald64, post: 12496
          Does anyone know the reason the for the top window folding back. It is hinged, glass and heavy as heck. Why would you want to fold it back? Just curious. The hardware looks new.

Ron
          hey ron, just to let you know, if that upper windsheild is actually glass then its rare, not too many of the san juans came with upper glass, ive got 4 san juans and only 1 has a glass upper, what ever you do be very carefull and aware of it. hows the boat runnin? i think you've got the GM 307 225hp right? bit of a pig huh? you should be alright with that san juan though, its pretty light. you say you got her for 3k, awsome deal, good luck, erik

Comment

Working...
          X