The Happiest Day...???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Happiest Day...???

So It finally happened, someone finally saw the token ad and bit, and the Sabrecraft and the Mighty Honda sailed away to the Skookum River in B.C. It is supposed to be the happiest day when the boat is sold, but it is bitter and sad, even though it will be replaced by a larger more capable craft. But the Sabrecraft and i went through a lot of water, and the mighty Honda never failed or even sniffled. Wheather rough or calm, that combination was capable and faithful, even through Deception Pass, waves taller than the upper windscreen, towing another, did it ever whimper. So long my good and faithful friends, may you serve your new owner well, you will be remembered fondly.
    ChuckB
    Attached Files
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Woo Hoo!

Way to go Chuck!

I've heard that same saying about the two happiest days in a boaters life (except I understood it to be the boaters wife :boater1. The day you buy your dream boat, and the day you sell it.

I know what you mean about parting with a boat that you've loved. My Beachcraft is just such a boat. I always wanted one and worked hard to find just the right one. Unanticipated events caused me to have to part with it, but it went to a good guy and that made it a lot easier.

I have a lot in common with the new owner. Like me, he had always loved the 24' Tollycraft hull. He was very pleased to get it, which made it much easier for me to let her go. Maybe sometime in the future circumstances will change and I will have the opportunity to get another... and who knows maybe we'll cruise together?

Congratulations Chuck, good for you:>)

Doug G.

Comment

Chuck, Look at it this way, Just be thankful it was not the wife who left and the fact is you will not be seeing it out of the waters as it will be way up in Canada ! You will get over it with your next boat, whatever that is. I hope you are feeling better after i took you to lunch today. In the " old days " we would have been in a bar, now days it's McDonalds time.Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
      X