Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive a race boat!

All,

Ingvar Carlson asked me to post this, this sounds like a fun day.

Hi New Race Boat Drivers:

Thanks for stopping by the Seattle Outboard Association display at the Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival last month.

And thank you for your interest in driving an outboard race boat.

You're going to love it! Here is some information for planning.

Date: Reserve all day Friday, August 27th, for your test drive of a real race boat.

Directions: I-5 North or South to Hwy. 512, then 2nd exit to Hwy. 7. Follow Hwy. 7 towards Eatonville. Go 15 miles to Silver Lake, exit on right.

Address: 40608 Silver Lake Rd. E, Eatonville, WA 98328 (The old Henley's Resort).

Time: Please try to be at the lake about 11am for registration. On arrival, ask for "registration". Expect it will take most of the afternoon until around 5pm.

Cost: Bring $35 cash or check (to "APBA") for a single-day membership in the American Power Boat Association.

Minors: Bring your parent or legal guardian (must be at least 9 years old to drive).

Wear: Assume you'll get a little wet and a little dirty. Bring shoes and pants that can get wet as you wade out to get in your boat. Bring dry clothes for the ride home.

Provided: The volunteer members of Seattle Outboard Association will provide the race boat, helmet, life jacket, and cut-suit.

Orientation: After registration, you will attend an orientation session before your test drive.

Test drive: When it's your turn, you'll get a lap or two on the race course, all on your own, in a real race boat.

Boats: A "Junior Hydro" boat will be available for kids and a "20SS/C Stock Hydro" will be available for adults.

Safety: Rescue boats and an ambulance will be in attendance.

Friends: Yes, just let us know (send an email) and you can bring friends for their own test drive.

Racing: Stay the weekend and watch Seattle Outboard Association's weekend boat racing program. It's fun and free.

We'll do our best to get everyone a test drive in a race boat. In previous years, we've always been able to give everyone a test drive. Please understand that weather or other circumstances beyond our control might keep you from getting your test drive.

If you have any questions:
    - email me at sgreaves@portagebaysystems.com
    - call me at 206-371-0486

Thanks for your interest.

- Steve

Steve Greaves
    Seattle Outboard Association
Working...
X