ON R Way ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ON R Way ......

to pick up the Skagit 20 from Bruce @ 5:30 am down by PDX. Pictures at 11. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Are you back?

Chuck, Did you pick up your boat? Lets Hear about it. John

Comment

Hey John, i left the house at 5:45am thursday on my way to within 30 miles north of Portland and back home by12:30 pm. and then gave her a bubble bath before getting back to work. Traffic was not too bad coming thru Seattle. This Skagit Offshore Cruiser ( her name will be Bainbridge after the Island across from Seattle where i lived in the summers from 1947- 1962 and after a Ferryboat named Bainbridge.) has a HUGE 6 x 8 cockpit ( with a 90" beam , that is only 5" shorter than the Farallon was ) for a 20' boat that you could hold a dance on ! Marty, had gone thru her for Bruce Drake including a new bulkhead, work in the cabin,floor,foam,back bench seat with a 18 gal gas tank that should do allright , but i might put in a couple of 12 gal one's to bring the gal's up to 42 total with the Merc 115hp 4 stroke motor. The motor has not been run since last fall ? and 2 trys later it started right up. The cabin is small, but it's a trade off with the bigger cockpit. I will be doing my carpeting thing to the sidewalls of the hull thruout and have Marty do a little woodwork this winter. I will repaint the light blue with interlux dark blue ( did i say Farallon ? ) and install bigger cleats like 6" or 8" ones and there will be some painting in the cabin before i have tinted custom cabin windows install this winter. I want to have all of the painting before Sept 15th . Going to see if it will fit into the garage with the windshield off as i will replace the brackets anyway and the trailer is a EZ Loader and one very nice 2008 dual axle with electric brakes also has a swing bar on it. One nice thing is i have all of the paints , carpet and other items already that i had purchased for the 17' Skagit and all kinds of goodies from past boats to install like my socks ,but this time i will not be putting them on the deck ( don't have any blue one's anyway ) only in the cockpit. Chuck
      Attached Files

Comment

It Looks Like A Bullet Train!
        >>>Mike<<<

Comment

Not bad, I guess, if you like old boats! Looking forward to seeing it when you have done the Carey modifications! We had a nice trip with Rosario down to La Conner yesterday and home again today. Nice that we've had the boat a year now and used her a fair amount and never a failure of boat or motor -- just a fair amount of operator error!
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry, It means a lot to me that you and Becky are having a good time with her....and Joy the Fido too. Wow it has been a year. Best,Chuck

Comment

Inspiration vs perspiration

Looking good Chuck! Since you decided to take an alternative route to get on the water quickly for the "End to End Run" we elected to emulate your motives with a similar-albeit more budget oriented acquisition. News @ 11:TakePicture1:

Comment

on r way

that boat is the old Wendy C if Iam not mistaken.

Comment

Dennis, Yep....you are right ! Chuck

Comment

Working...
                  X