Another Stricken with the Addiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Stricken with the Addiction

Well it look like I have been stricken with the addiction. I purchased another motor to add to the collection that just keeps growing. Here are some pictures it is a 1956 Mercury Mark 25e Long shaft and from what I am told it is pretty rare.

Tom

[ATTACH]6893.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6896.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6897.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6898.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6899.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6900.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Nice!

Sharp looking motor Tom, I've never seen one just like that. Now you get to spend a few days surfing for info, parts sources, literature. I hope you didn't have anything planned for this weekend!

Comment

Yes, I was tempted when I saw that motor on craigslist. The 25E is rare and the longer lower unit is doubly so. I have the identical motor in a short shaft and pair it with my 1957 Penn Yan Swift. Had an earlier 25E that had the squirliest swingout style starter that never did right.

Usually the old mercs need coils and often lower unit seals, but they go like mad! Great find! :GoTeam1:

Comment

It also came with two sets of controls. I have tried to get it started but no luck yet the spark looks a little weak. The carb was gummed up really bad so I cleaned it and blew all the solids out. Also replaced the diaphragm for the fuel pump.

I will keep trying

Tom

Comment

Wild looking Merc Tom, wonder why the exterior mount starter didn't catch on?? It is great that guys have the patience to keep these neat artifacts running.

Are you going to have a boat ready for the Puget Sound End to End Run on August 28 & 9?

Comment

Looks like I will have a the bellboy ready to go. Taking a test run tomorrow.

Tom

Comment

Looks like I will have a the bellboy ready to go. Taking a test run tomorrow.

Tom

Awesome! Let us know how it worked out...:TakePicture1:

Comment

Working...
              X