A cosmetic question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BellBoyBob, post: 12917
    Its on a Holsclaw tandem that came with the boat. The rims are twelve inches in diameter. There are four wheels. It tows well - very stable. The difficulty is in maneuvering the trailer by hand. The wheel truck does not want to turn so the tires "scrub" when you are trying to maneuver by hand. That said, everything is made easier if the tire pressure is right at 80 lbs pressure for all 4 tires.
    Oh, I see. I knew you were talking about 12" wheels, but I was visualizing the single axle Holsclaw my Sabrecraft sits on under my 404 and it just didn't compute!

A tandem is a different story!

Tim

Comment

Light placement

Looks good there...serious light!

Originally posted by BellBoyBob, post: 12915
      So, today, I mounted the helm control and ran the wiring out the right cabin window so I could experiment with light placement. I used duct tape to hold the light base securely where the old light had been mounted. I pushed the boat out into the driveway at night and turned the thing on. WOW! the spot is very focused and penetrating. The flood option really illuminates the area right in front of the boat. There was little to no reflection from the bow rail. The Jabsco 6" model has the SOS option that automatically sends the distress code while rotating the light from side to side. Love that!
      I decided to mount the light where the old one was.

Thanks for all the input...

Bob
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

spot light location

Howdy ho !
        We here at Hope Marine always mount the spots as far foward as possible. Any roof or alternative locations will usually cause quite the glare if the light beam hits the boat top or railing. Sometimes the "coolest" location turns out poorly for what your trying to do, such as see where your going.
        Thanks - Matt J.

Comment

Do some of you guys actually go boating after dark? Never ever thought of even carrying a flashlight on Rosario. Perhaps I'll grab one of my kerosene lanters in case I should somehow be out when the sun is down. Don't imagine that would creat much of a reflection problem (especially since I don't carry matches or a lighter.)
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

The Better Part of Valor...

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 12954
            Do some of you guys actually go boating after dark? Never ever thought of even carrying a flashlight on Rosario. Perhaps I'll grab one of my kerosene lanterns in case I should somehow be out when the sun is down. Don't imagine that would create much of a reflection problem (especially since I don't carry matches or a lighter.)
            Ah!

But there's nothing quite like the sight of the torches carried by the angry mob of villagers reflecting off the water at night while you hastily make your escape!!! irate:
            Attached Files
            "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 12954
              Do some of you guys actually go boating after dark? Never ever thought of even carrying a flashlight on Rosario. Perhaps I'll grab one of my kerosene lanters in case I should somehow be out when the sun is down. Don't imagine that would creat much of a reflection problem (especially since I don't carry matches or a lighter.)
              we always carry flashlights and the Chris Craft has a hand held sport lot that is tethered to the dash, works great!!!

You never know when your enjoying a cerveza on the water and decide to enjoy the sunset, then suddenly your headed back to the dock in the dark...

:boater1:
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
              X