Lake Chelan, 09/11.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Chelan, 09/11.

To Greg James. I hope to make it to launch site at 25 mile creek on 9/11 at 10 am. I have reservations for overnight at Steheikin and plan to return to 25 mile creek Sunday. I hope some other genuine wooden boats also show up!

Richard Amberson. woodenboatfogey.

Richard, I'm glad you can make it. If the weather cooperates this should be a lot of fun. Susie and I are planning on staying on the boat because if we don't make it up to Stehekin we didn't want to have to pay for lodging we wouldn't use. See you there.
    Greg James

Comment

Ball bearing plant

Greg, I went to Steheikin in the 70s in an airboat my dad built. Learned a couple things. Lake gets rough in the afternoon and the Lady of the lake puts out a wake that will come over the bow and into your lap. The coolest thing was an abandoned ball bearing plant within a short hike from Steheikin. I found a 1 1/2" bearing that I used to play marbles with. Broke most of the marbles I hit but finely lost it to a good shooter. Could you let me know if that plant is still there? and could you grab me another bearing? Have fun. John
      Attached Files

Comment

Wrong boat

This was his boat.
        Attached Files

Comment

John, I will try. Cool boat. What ever happened to it?
          Greg James

Comment

Its gone

Greg, Airboat was traded in on a 24' Fiberform after I flipped it on Lake Stevens in 1974. Last seen on Res in pieces. That could have been a ball bearing out of the machinery used to do something else. Probably thought it was a ball bearing plant because of that. Have fun up there. JOHN

Comment

O.K. John, sorry you won't be joining us. I would like to see that E Teck in action.
              Greg James

Comment

Husky weekend

The Etec will be in action this weekend. Launching someplace on Sat and enjoying the Husky game from the cove at the stadium. Than off to someplace with a bar to look at girls and chow down on some good food. Hopefully Freemont, and than sleep in front of Hooters or an empty business with lease signs. ( its allways a good idea to research property ). And the best part. No rattlesnakes. John

Comment

Working...
                X