Happy Birthday Greg James!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Greg James!

Happy birthday Greg, hope you have a good one and many more to follow!

@ what point do they stop counting??? :shocked2:

Carpe Diem!

Comment

Happy Birth Day Greg
      Hope you have Many more too.:GoodJob:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Another Birthday Wish for Greg.

Hey without doing any math do you remember how old you will be next year? Happy Birthday Greg, I hope you did something fun today. And thank you for teaching me how to catch trout this year.
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Happy birthday Greg! Hope you went out and caught a salmon or something good like that. Diane and I will toast a glass of wine in your honor!
          Kent & Diane
          '58 Westerner

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 14058
            Hey without doing any math do you remember how old you will be next year? Happy Birthday Greg, I hope you did something fun today. And thank you for teaching me how to catch trout this year.
            Lowell, Greg will be 66 next year. Oh yea....Happy 65th Birthday this year Greg! Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks guys, I am 63 going on 40. I spent the day filling holes and sanding down my boat. I'm preping it for a total exterior renovation. I have been able to take advantage of the good weather we have been having so I have a really good start on the upper deck and thanks to Tim donating the use of his shop for a few days I might be able to finish the deck this winter sometime. I am elimating some of the hardware and replacing the windshield with a Skagit windshield frame and new plexiglass. The horn is probably going to be replaced with a double trummpet style. I have taken all the tomato red stiping off and the color will remain green and white. I was concidering making the deck and cuddy kelly green with the traditional 57 Skag. swoop kelly green also with the rest of the haul staying dark green but I'm thinking that might be to bright so I think Interlux sea green and white will be it. I don't want to get to flashy. Any suggestions before I paint will be appreciated.
              Thanks again for the happy birthday.
              Greg J
              Greg James

Comment

Greg, Since you asked, If it were my boat...again, i would start from top to bottom with the your Green canvas you already have ,White cabin top , Kelly Green side walls ( around the cabin windows and all you would have to do is sand down the white to see the trim outline from before), White deck, your black rubrail and with Kelly Green traditional 57 Skagit swoop on the side of the hull and your Sea Green. All of the paint would be Interlux Brightside except for the Kelly Green from Pettit. So it would be Green Canvas-White-Kelly Green-White-Kelly Green swoop-Sea Green hull. I think it would look sharp ! Remember you did asked. Chuck
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks Chuck, As we discussed previously that is a possibility since the recent development of frog tape and others that leave a cleaner line between colors with very little bleeding. I could tape over those lines if I had too but I'm trying to stay away from that if I can. I can try it and if I don't like it I can re-do it. I've got lots of time.
                  Greg James

Comment

Working...
                  X