Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Getting There !

She's Getting There !

Had to take her down the street so the tree's would not be blocking the sun at this time of the year. Just a little bit more exterior cleanup after painting and then i will start on the cabin carpet. Just put the new black rubrail on with Greg Silcox help today. Took about a hour or so and that should be dry ( 5200 slow dry ) in about a week. Also put a set of tie downs, on the stern and a new bow eye that Bruce Drake gave me. Had the burgee mast made up in Everett at Railmaker. This weather has been GREAT ! knock, knock....Oh Yea my new Personalized license plate ( SKAGIT ) for the trailer , like i use to have should be here soon. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Lookin' good!

She looks great Chuck, I really like the new colors. :GoodJob:

Comment

20 Skagit

chuck -

Yeah, it's looking great...except for the Vaseline on your lens (!)

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty,I was wondering what that was. It would help to clean the lens once in a while. Thanks,Chuck

Comment

Ah, the Vaseline keeps water from getting inside the camera?
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Everyone knows you need a special Washington camera. The one you are using obviously does not know how to deal with that bright light thingy in the sky!

The dark hull looks very nice! I can picture it with tan colored leather interior and LED lighting...hmmm any Skagit 17's out there for sale?
            BRIAN FRANCHINI
            LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Yes, The camera does not know what to snap with that sun in the way. It was hard to keep the sun out of the pictures.Anyway you get the idea. Chuck

Comment

Looks pretty cool without the windshield. Kinda like a '49 Merc lead sled. Maybe an inside helm with tuck and roll upholstery. If it looks cool enough you don't need to see where you're going.:cool1:
                1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Mike, The steering inside would be interesting...Two piece windshield ( like the Rosario ) will be going back on like Bruce had. Going to start the carpeting in the cabin this weekend. Still trying to beat the weather. The list is getting shorter. Chuck.

Comment

Working...
                  X