It's A Wrap....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's A Wrap....

....i guess as far as the weather goes working on the Skagit in the shelter...maybe. Put a old cover ( it might not look pretty , but it works ) over it to keep the condensation off when it starts to rain for about the next 90 days as it starts to drip from the trap overhead and i don't want that new paint to get all dirty ...lol Everything is just about done except just wiring my old GPS ( model 180 just before they came out with the color unit) i have transfer from boat to boat since 1998. All i care about is speed readings , maps and time to and from and then wire up the VHF unit with antenna. If the weather gets a little warmer in the high 40's or low 50's i will be back out there again,but in the meantime what's there to do ?....Huh ? Today i took the G-3 out of the garage and started her up to keep things turning over. Maybe take her out this winter for a quick ride or two. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

[ATTACH]8036.vB[/ATTACH]
    Hey Chuck looking good. I am looking forward to next years boating season so i will keep the vessels tucked away until then. Only took me 25 years to get covered moorage.
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Nice assortment of boats

Originally posted by Marvelous, post: 14714
      [ATTACH]8036[/ATTACH]
      Hey Chuck looking good. I am looking forward to next years boating season so i will keep the vessels tucked away until then. Only took me 25 years to get covered moorage.
      Nice shop and assortment of boats. Two of my favs, A Skagit and a Glasply.
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 14715
        Nice shop and assortment of boats. Two of my favs, A Skagit and a Glasply.
        Close Tim. Glasply and a 59 BellboyVeryBigSmile
        John & Diane Kelly

Comment

John, I'am looking forward going to the San Juan's one way or another with the Skagit next summer. Looks like you might have room for a G-3 for the winter ?.....lol. Oh wait, she's already in a warm garage. The Skagit is about 18" to long to fit....Darn. Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I was out in the costco shed on Saturday working on the Bell Boy (taking the rub rail and hardware off). It wasn't too bad with a space heater in there (electric) and the doors all zipped up (and a few layers of clothes). Got up to around 50 near the heater.

I figure the winter time is an excellent season to take the rail off and sand it down while the metal is nice and cold. Not so much fun on the hands, but it sure sands easy. Then it's on to the layers of paint on the deck and hull...

The Marathon is secured snugly in her tarp and cover setup, but is still sitting out in the weather . I'll probably fire up the Johnson this weekend to keep things lubed. Crabbing season is on for the winter now, and I just need some 40s weather to go get some dinner...
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

The cold is definately here now!

The Dodger under the snow blanket on Monday and a shot of the 404 over the weekend in the shed.
              Attached Files
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
              X