Holy Crap Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap Part II

Scroll down to Thu 12/16/2010 9:19 PM. They are trying to get out of Newport,Oregon to head north to home.

http://www.whidbey.us/holy-crap-trip/
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

This is an adventure I'd rather read about than experience! Thanks for keeping us posted Chuck.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Ah come on Jerry; This is a Capt. Flavel type adventure! Or really just an excuse to play on a boat and go into port and drink Beer.
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Holy Crap 72 foot vintage yacht Scout Sinks

Holy Crap!! 72 foot vintage yacht Scout sinks off Neah Bay. They made it all the way from NewPort Beach, CA. only to lose the boat in Juan De Fuca!
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

H C Trip

The Ocean Gods giveth and Take away. Mostly the latter!!

The winter on the Northwest coast is not the time to have "git homeitis" !!

Charter Captains become very cautious! The crabbers dissapear from the face of the ocean. In the last 20 or so odd yearsago the Coast Guard lost a 44'. They were crossing the Columbia b ar and suddenly a large breaker and no more 44' and lost 7 seamen. A few years ago a CG surf boat (unsinkable?) got pitch poled and bounced off the bottom, I think Westport.
          Smooth to H C in minutes or Seconds.

Comment

Ah, yes, as I recall, Capt. Flaval got paid for piloting boats across the bar. I've always done crazy things for money. Oh, come to think of it, I've done crazy things without money, too.
            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

WOW! There is a lot to be said for knowing the limits of your craft and having a healthy respect for the sea. And to think that when I was young, I fished in that area as well in a '59 17.5' Glasspar Seafair sedan. What was my father thinking...
              ChuckB:Scared1:
              "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 15322
                WOW! There is a lot to be said for knowing the limits of your craft and having a healthy respect for the sea. And to think that when I was young, I fished in that area as well in a '59 17.5' Glasspar Seafair sedan. What was my father thinking...ChuckB:Scared1:
                Don't you know ! ....I Do. LOL !

Comment

Holy Crap ! Westport

They are on the move again.

http://www.whidbey.us/holy-crap-trip/

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 15324
                    Don't you know ! ....I Do. LOL !
                    Echo; it didn't work though. I didn't fall out, I didn't get scared, I still talked too much and got in the way, and I don't remember limiting...
                    Ditto

Comment

Working...
                    X