What have you done over the winter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done over the winter?

The winter months around here are typically pretty slow so it got me wondering...how many people out there are making good progress in getting their project boat ready for Spring? We've seen a few in the restoration section but I bet there's more out there... Can you show a teaser picture of your progress?

Let's not get into restoration details, just a quick look at what surprises you have in store for the 2011 boating season! Might be fun? opcorn1:

Here's a teaser from me:

Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

I think it's time....
    Attached Files
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

Mark, That picture is very nice ! My picture is not a real big teaser as i have shown some pictures working on her last Aug thru Nov, but for someone that not seen her i guess it could be a teaser. She good as ready for opening day ! Last year i still had the Dorsett Farallon ( since 2005 until it was sold last July) and the G-3 ( since 2008 ) and use it for the last part of summer. This year i will be back to a " Puget Sound " type boat zipping along and the G-3 on small or medium size lakes. I do plan to keep this one for quite a while along with the G-3. Good variety between the two. Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Haven't gone out boating this winter, hope to change that soon. However a few projects were installing a lower style windshield for the cabin roof on Rebel. Increasing the pitch to the prop so Rebel will go faster and installing 2 grab bars so passengers can hang on and continue the ride to the end.

And I bought a new floating water proof hand held VHF radio in case I get throw out of the boat I can call for help while hanging onto my radio for floatation.
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Hoo, boy!! Is that the new Coast Guard approved VHF flotation device?
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Karl, Chuck... Great teaser pics!

Anyone else? There must be others out there...

Lowell, hope you never have to test the flotation capabilites of your new VHF.
            Mark
            Silverdale, WA.
            1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Well I am sufficently jealous, all but one of my winter projects have been away from the boat...

I just finished building an extension to my deck to hold our new hot tub. I installed Bamboo floors in my Vanagon. I spent a week in Phoenix :Cold1: dealing with the consequences of a new conveyor install catching on fire... Now I am finally starting to install a removable swim ladder on the back of the Chris Craft so we don't have to hoist my opening day swimmers our of the freezing water (sounded easy but trying to make it functional but discreet enough that Chris Craft purist don't try to hurt me is the hard part)

Happy motoring!!!
              Attached Files
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
              X