Ask and you shall recieve...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask and you shall recieve...

Thanks to Bill Roberts (we'll just call him the "enabler" from now on) I brought home a 1957 18' Tollycraft Cruisiteer. Less than three days after posting here that I was looking for one, Bill contacted me and said he knew where one was. A month later, it is sitting in the driveway (Dad's driveway really) awaiting a new life. We also picked up another little treasure, but I have to wait for Cole to get up to post pictures of it, since it is his boat.

Thank you Bill for helping put this deal together. The poor little Tolly had a rude awakening going from sitting in the dirt for years to sitting in 3 hours!! of rush hour traffic in Seattle! I should have hung a NWCBC banner from the transom with all the attention this thing got on the freeway.
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Tollycraft

Brian
    Neat Tolly. I've never seen one of those before. Barry

Comment

Congratulations Brian. Nice lines, I like it. Is that a conversion from inboard to outboard hanging off the back? That will be a fun restoration.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

That is the factory setup for the motor. It is kind of a remote transom. Basically a 2"x10" through bolted the actual transom and splashwell area. Other than all the brown paint, the boat is completely original. Even the interior and floor boards are still intack.

Here is the factory photo from 1957.
        Attached Files
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Tilt Trailer?

Hey Brian.

I like the design of both the Boat And the Trailer
          Looks as its a Tilt trailer, is it yours, can I look at it

That trailer would be a good one to go after any dead toy, just drop some dunnage down on the deck to protect it and winch on whatever.

I had built one close to that design for the race care way back when.
          I had two expanded steel runners that were adjustable for different wheel bases that was tilt like that.
          I got to use it one season and was talked out of it. Never did build another but the one I have now, not pleased with horsing around with the heavy ramps even though the tail end is dropped.
          I Can run my low rider right up on it with only 3" if ground clearance.

Nice Tolly and Trailer for sure!!
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The Other Enabler....

Brian -

Glad you ended up with that Tolly; pretty sure it's the same one I looked at several years ago, judging by the paint job.

Bill's an enabler, for sure, but so is your Dad!

- Marty
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Wooden Lady Clipper

I know were there is a Lady Clipper that needs about everything if someone is looking for a wood project
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Brien , Nice lines on that Tolly. Congratulations. I'm looking forward to seeing it after it's restored.
                Greg James

Comment

Thanks all!

Joe, the trailer has been priceless. It has a hydralic tilt and built in winch. All you have to do is line up with the item to be rescued and let the trailer do the rest! It is Mike Collings and he is nice enough to let me borrow it for boat recoveries. The Tolly yesterday makes the seventh boat saved using his trailer. As the saying goes... the only thing better than having a recovery trailer is having a friend with a recovery trailer!
                  BRIAN FRANCHINI
                  LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Brian,
                    What a nice find! I can't wait to see her finished and making a wake!

Comment

Nice one Brian! Nice lines. I like the outboard setup, gives a lot of room in the cockpit.

Comment

Enabler, huh?

It's about time the "old man" speaks up. Two years ago I was happily cleaning horse stalls (a gift from the daughter and her husband to keep me busy) and grooming my 3 horses. Not to be outdone by his sister Brian started "gifting" me with boat projects and now I am called an enabler and other fancy names. My wife is ready to "dis-able" me as our back yard is filling with boats and I am still learning all these new nautical terms.

Yes Brian (Fins), grandson Cole, and I are having a ball with these great finds and even my wife smiled when I told her I had just one more boat to bring home. (A blackberry covered Banshee)

Not too old to learn new tricks -- Steve F
                        steve franchini
                        enumclaw, wash

Comment

Yesterday, as we were picking up the Tolly at an undisclosed Whidbey Island boat farm, alot of "stuff" needed to be moved. At one point, my Dad and I grabbed about three sheets of plywood with parts stacked on top. As we walked by, one of the older gentlemen helping said "Boy, he's a strong OLD guy." We laughed about that most of the way home and again today as we sorted out boat parking in his backyard.

By the way, contact Bill Roberts (by phone is best, he is a fun guy to talk to) if you have any interest in some of the treasures from the farm. Although we try, we can't save them all...and stay married! There are old kneeler Hydros stacked like cord wood and going for $100 each. Also, a great looking Carlson fiberglass tunnel hull with a shovel nose. I need a bigger shop!!
                          BRIAN FRANCHINI
                          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

A little about Bill R..."the Enabler" is very nice sounding but I refer to him as the "Boat Pimp" named "Rooster"

Greg Jr.

Comment

I almost spit milk out my nose Greg. That is funny!
                              BRIAN FRANCHINI
                              LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Working...
                              X