Ask and you shall recieve...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tolly

Brian, thats really a great looking boat !!!! Although it's about the same size as my Mansfield...the Tolly has much more cabin space. Is there anything in there beside the V-birth ????? Looks like it also requires a short shaft, will you do a vintage motor ?? Or something current for the events in the sound ???? My dilema as well. Would really like to see it. Congrats....Steve
    Steve Tweit

1954 Mansfield..double cockpit runabout
    1955 Mansfield 17' express
    1960 Rynell Jetabout
    2007 Bxxxxxxx "daily driver"

Comment

Originally posted by FINS, post: 1171
      The poor little Tolly had a rude awakening going from sitting in the dirt for years to sitting in 3 hours!! of rush hour traffic in Seattle! I should have hung a NWCBC banner from the transom with all the attention this thing got on the freeway.
      You should have indeed! I was actually up in the Seattle area (Mountlake Terrace) Friday & Saturday on business; it would have made my day to see that classic on a trailer with a NWCBC banner flying!

The Cap'n
      "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Did somebody say "Carlson"?

Originally posted by FINS, post: 1213
        By the way, contact Bill Roberts (by phone is best, he is a fun guy to talk to) if you have any interest in some of the treasures from the farm. Although we try, we can't save them all...and stay married! There are old kneeler Hydros stacked like cord wood and going for $100 each. Also, a great looking Carlson fiberglass tunnel hull with a shovel nose. I need a bigger shop!!
        We ALL need a bigger shop! Tell me more about this Carlson- does it look anything like this one?

The Cap'n
        Attached Files

Pat Drewery

Comment

Cool find!

Brian, looks like a good little bay boat. Nice score. Sorry to be nosey, but is that yellow boat in the background a little conventional hydro? Any story? I also think it's pretty cruel of you to mention kneeldown hydros and Carlsons when I am trying to stay on the NMB wagon!! Maybe I'll give Bill a call.......!.....now if I were to get rid of one...........
          Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Captain Jack, Yes that looks like the same Carlson. We didn't take the tarp off completely, but the nose and transom shape seem the same. It had a small back-to-back seat in it where the rear seat almost has to straddle the outboard. Kind of a cool mustard yellow metalflake finish.

The yellow hyrdo is a conventional inboard 235 class wooden boat. It is really a pattern boat, as most of them are. Anyone planning on going 80-100 MPH in a boat, better plan on rebuilding. There were two guys there looking at it when we picked up our loot, but I think they passed. I have always wanted a vintage hydro, and this one would be a great project. But I don't have the time to rebuild it, let alone race it. I convinced myself I already have several boats that are not real practical, why get another... famous last words, right?
            BRIAN FRANCHINI
            LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Brian and I were at the same place Friday. I told the owner that I needed to bring my wife so she could realize that my collecter problem is not really bad. The Carlson looked good, but will probably need a transom. The price I heard was cheap. The 225 yellow hydro needed new skin, but the structure itself looked good. There was one tunnel hule wood boat that was in the way and they told me to chain saw it. We cut through the skin and it was all beautiful mahogany underneath. They said keep cutting. So Sad. Thats where I got my 14T. Bill got two other Powercats. Clint

Comment

Mother load?

I heard thru the grapevine about a month ago that there was a stash on Whidbey that was being disperersed. Something about alot of pleasure and race boats and ocean containers full of outboards. Since I'm in NMB mode I didn't persue. Is this the mother load I heard about? Here is a shot of my Carlson Contender.
                Attached Files
                Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Questions...questions!

Originally posted by strobee, post: 1235
                  The Carlson looked good, but will probably need a transom. The price I heard was cheap. Clint
                  Well? Don't keep us waiting, man! HOW CHEAP???

The Cap'n

Pat Drewery

Comment

They just said they would sell cheap. Talk to Bill R. He says it may be sold, but he can check. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by FINS, post: 1171
                      Thanks to Bill Roberts (we'll just call him the "enabler" from now on) I brought home a 1957 18' Tollycraft Cruisiteer. Less than three days after posting here that I was looking for one, Bill contacted me and said he knew where one was. A month later, it is sitting in the driveway (Dad's driveway really) awaiting a new life. We also picked up another little treasure, but I have to wait for Cole to get up to post pictures of it, since it is his boat.

Thank you Bill for helping put this deal together. The poor little Tolly had a rude awakening going from sitting in the dirt for years to sitting in 3 hours!! of rush hour traffic in Seattle! I should have hung a NWCBC banner from the transom with all the attention this thing got on the freeway.
                      What a nice surprise, he'll love it

Comment

Bumped ??

This post was back in March of 2009 and just got bumped up.
                        Was this a accident?

Good story never the less..

Good question would be.
                        Where is this boat now ????opcorn1:

Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 25259
                          Good question would be.
                          Where is this boat now ????opcorn1:
                          Joe,

The TolleyCraft Cruisiteer was just posted on June 4th. That's why this old thread came back to life. SuperSam14 has brought this old gal out of the weeds for us all to see!!opcorn1:
                          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X