Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need OB motor for 15' Hydroswift; suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need OB motor for 15' Hydroswift; suggestions?

There is a chance that I may get this boat if it checks out.

It will need an OB motor. I know nothing about OB motors; any suggstion as to brand and size?

Anyone have a solid used motor that would work on this boat that is not too pricey?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Robert Augur

Homelite!!

A Homelite / Bearcat 55 would look really nice on there! The style of the motor would fit well with the lines of the boat. Bill R can fix ya up with one at a fair price.

Why settle for only two strokes when you can have four?

Comment

Looks to me you might need a short shaft........................

Don't let reality ruin your day!

Comment

That's a nice one Robert. Like I've said before, I really like those old hardtop's. You don't see too many. Hope you get it.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

My 2 cents worth

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 1481
          Why settle for only two strokes when you can have four?
          I could list several reasons, but then I'm a confirmed 2-stroke junkie.

For me, spring isn't truly here until I smell the perfume of TC-W3 smoke in the air! Not great choking clouds of it, there's no excuse for that- but just a whiff says "Boating Season!" to me in a BIG way.

Couple that with my being a Merc affectionado, and if it were me I'd hang a nice black 50 or 65Hp 4-cylinder on it.

Again, just my 2 cents worth...

The Cap'n
          "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack, post: 1492
            I could list several reasons, but then I'm a confirmed 2-stroke junkie.

For me, spring isn't truly here until I smell the perfume of TC-W3 smoke in the air! Not great choking clouds of it, there's no excuse for that- but just a whiff says "Boating Season!" to me in a BIG way.

Couple that with my being a Merc affectionado, and if it were me I'd hang a nice black 50 or 65Hp 4-cylinder on it.

Again, just my 2 cents worth...

The Cap'n
            Smoke on The Water was just a song ...

Comment

Working...
            X