Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Followed me home Too!

Hey Fellow Squirrells,
    Went thru some trying times with my Seafair rolling away to a new home.
    Almost went to Whidbey Is for a bigger hull to take on,but then accepted Ken`s offer on this swanky Fleetform that has been sheltering Mice and worms in a field.
    Never seem to get one that is intact but maybe someday.
    This one has been passed around like a Hot potato but hopefully it will get wet on the bottom before the next time.
    Love the raised Jet shape on the bowdeck,may need to tape and paint this item to highlight it.
    Looks like Red was already done once(finished photo of what it COULD look like) ,but may be what this thing needs too.....even have a Qt ready to roll.
    As Chuck Bauer once said,"I don`t know whether to envy you or pitty you..."
    Tim "Too many Boats " Mattson
    Attached Files
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Squirrels.

Tim, that's a nice to hull to rework. I remember seeing the Red finished one at Mason Lake a couple years back. That should keep you out of trouble this winter. Hopefully it doesn't need everything.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Tim, WoW ! Nice boat. That does look like a fun project ! Don't listen to "Mr B ". Lol. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Nice score, Tim. I also remember the sharp red one at Mason, real nice looking boat! Nice lines.

Comment

Fleetform

Nice looking...great lines. Definitely worth the effort.
          Tim
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Thanx guys,
            The Red one is shown in Marty`s picture which actually prompted HIS aquisition of this very rough but still somewhat intact Texas -made hull.
            Then Ken Cook got it after the transom was redone to a solid 3`` at which point he snapped the most recent pic.Our camera has my pics hostage.....
            It fit the trailer I had like a glove and has room for full -length carpeted steps to surround it.
            Needs EVERYTHING,lucky for me ,I have 3 of most items and won`t even have to remove the old ones or drill holes.The rubrail will need some SS "J" trim but looks simple with no hull seams to mess with.
            Hopefully Kim will warm up to it and sew me some wild striped interior pcs.Need to figure out how to make the front seat useable but cool too.
            I even have the helm that will plug right in the 3 old holes on the stripped dash,though I have yet to even use a cable system for my own boats .The period correct Evinrude Ski-Twin 33 hp (i have already)in Red/White Blu should be easier to rig.
            I think I`ll call it "The Village Bicycle"....or "The Baton" as it has been passed around.
            Hopefully never becoming a Red Torpedo!
            Seen some really nice ones across the country,quite a few videos of them on youtube as well.
            TM
            Attached Files
            SeaRay 175BR
            Hi-Laker lapline
            14` Trailorboat

Comment

The Village Bicycle...

Looking forward to seeing you work some magic on the Fleetform Mattson. They make for a sweet looking classic. Keep us in the loop on your progress

Comment

Glad to see someone is working on another Fleet Form The red one pictured above belongs to my cousin Dan. I was at Mason Lake with him the year he had it there and it is a great boat to cruise in. My cousin is also the one that found this Fleet Form and sold it to Marty. I have been bugging him to bring his Fleet Form back to Mason lake but he came with me the last time we made it.:boater1:

P.S. I just read Marty's post on rolling and tipping. The red Fleet Form was rolled and tipped.
                Dave Wickline
                1967 Jeepster Convertible
                1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Comment

Hey Dave,
                  I read the post and have been fully aware of the way the stunning Red was applied.
                  I learned some from a guy who claims to have been one of the early pioneers who first pulled off an on-the water paint job using the square by square approach......on a 40`+ ChrisCraft back in the 50`s.
                  Don Rolfing was his name and I owe some my success to his shared secrets.
                  We hope to do something special with the interior ,Marty had made up seat boards before passing the hull along to Ken.
                  Would love to know where this hull came from btw,sorta remember it being the 2nd pc of a deal,which made the other one possible.
                  Still haven`t decide on a color,just want to get it rolled over so it looks closer to being useable.
                  TM
                  SeaRay 175BR
                  Hi-Laker lapline
                  14` Trailorboat

Comment

Fleetform

Tim -

Actually, the original owner in recent history, Dan, cut the plywood pieces for seats and may have also replaced the transom ply. All I did was drag it home, put it in storage and later pass it along to Ken.

- Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Tim, RED.
                      Steve Kiesel
                      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Good One!

Tim, very cool project! Do you know what year it is? Looking forward to progress pics. -Ross
                        Ross Henson

Comment

Tim,

Dan's red boat was finished for probably 12 years before he found yours. If I remember correctly he was driving down the road and saw a guy hauling to the dump flagged him down and made a deal.
                          The restoration on Dan's red boat was probably 13 years old when it was at Mason Lake.

Dave
                          Dave Wickline
                          1967 Jeepster Convertible
                          1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Comment

So easy a Caveman can do it....

Dave ,
                            Thanx for clarifying the real story......
                            Found time and good weather last week which allowed me to roll on 3 nice coats of Awlgrip ,then flipped it over with my wife`s help.
                            Now for some inside painting and topside prep.
                            Luckily ,not one pc of hardware ,rigging or even pulleys remain on this stripped and pecked clean orphan.
                            Red is so tempting,was black from what I`ve found under brown housepaint.
                            Seat boards seem wrong but maybe I`m just not seeing how they fit or fold.Seem like the Front Seatback will need a cut-out to reach the front seats ,which leaves no backrest for middle occupant......We`ll see what we come up with.
                            Teaser pic for now....sorry it`s crowded.
                            TM
                            Attached Files
                            SeaRay 175BR
                            Hi-Laker lapline
                            14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
                            X