Here We Go Again !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here We Go Again !

Being gas is starting to go up again like a few years ago,i decided to make a trip to the gas station and filled up my two extra reserve tanks of 18 gals total. Now i have 58 gals and i really don't think i will be buying anymore than maybe 12 gals towards the end of the season.The Skagit20 holds 40 gal at a time,so this should take care of the 4 stroke engine. Of course i added the STA-BIL treatment for Gas & Ethanol.Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Smart

Chuck, Good Idea. Time to fill everything and plan on short trips. I still have a great time just tying up to a dock someplace. I have lost 3 tanks of gas out of the back of my boat to thieves. I live on a main road and am an easy target to pull up, reach over and now they have 6 gallons=$24. Replacing tank and fuel and the line they cut is expensive. I Keep them in a shed now. With gas going up higher than last year and the economy still sliding across the bottom I will have to watch everything a little closer. So take it from me. If you have a boat where people can see it. Batten down the hatches. Good luck. John

Comment

John, Sorry to hear about those jerks ! I keep the 6-12 gal extra's in the garage and just pump 6 gal at a time ( anything bigger is kind of heavy getting it into the boat ) into the 28 gal one in the boat and go back and pump 6 more. Does not take all that long about 15 min on 18 gal's. It's beat $4 or $5 per gal later on and i can use it in my lawnmower as well. Chuck.

Comment

Chuck, You must be lifting weights. I went down to four gallons a long time ago.
        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Gas

Hey Chuck,

When you "buy ahead", are you buying ethanol-free gas or just whatever you can get? Recently, I learned (or finally noticed) that our local Grange store sells only ethanol-free gas, so I'm pretty much planning to buy most of my gas there, particularly for my boat.

BillF

Comment

Hi Bill, I have the ethanol gas. I do use the STA-BIL Marine Gas & Ethanol treatment. The amount i put in is for a person that is going to store it for up to a year and then a little bit more. The 40 gal in the boat was put in last Oct and i have never had a problem on any of my boats in the past by doing that. This boat however did have a water filter when i purchased but never have i had to change the filter because of water.

Jack , i still can get 6 gal's up into the splashwell before i get on board to pump.

Comment

Stolen gas tanks

Yes the kids are on the Hunt. I too lost 2 ea 5 gal tanks.last week.
              Now I filled up 2 plastic 5 gal tanks with old bad gas but also put in additive
              2 quarts SUGAR in each tank, along with old diesel fuel.

I marked each tank Fresh fuel .
              So now I will check with the 4 repair shops on a weekly basis when these tanks are taken. Its a TROLL THING !
              Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Ingvar ! You are sooo bad....LOL ! Did you not have a "Oklahoma Credit Card " when you were a kid ? And that was when gas was about 19 cents to 30 cents a gal. Chuck

Comment

Steve Kiesel
                  1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by ingvar carlson, post: 21344
                    Yes the kids are on the Hunt. I too lost 2 ea 5 gal tanks.last week.
                    Now I filled up 2 plastic 5 gal tanks with old bad gas but also put in additive
                    2 quarts SUGAR in each tank, along with old diesel fuel.

I marked each tank Fresh fuel .
                    So now I will check with the 4 repair shops on a weekly basis when these tanks are taken. Its a TROLL THING !
                    That's the best trick I've heard for stopping a theif.

My father had to install a locking fuel cap on his diesel truck cause he kept noticing that everytime he got in it was about 1/4 tank lower than when he parked it. (he doesn't drive much this time of year)
                    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X