Taking Care of Business....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Care of Business....

on the Skagit. I just put the Saratoga on the back burner as i found out it will need a transom so i decided to put my attention on the few things i need to do to the Skagit first and then get back to the Saratoga at a later date this year.The new cabin door Marty made is complete with stain and the bench seat back has it stain today. Had two socks made up for the ice chests. I just use them to store boots,life jackets,tools,etc....no fish guts on this boat !, revised the fuel lines set up, and next will be a low bow rail and them maybe a bimini. Then that's it for the Skagit and back to the Saratoga. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck

tHESE IMPROVEMENTS WILL LOOK GREAT. dO U HAVE GLASS OR LEXAN ON THE CABIN DOOR PORT HOLE ?
    SWEDSTER - INGVAR
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

No fish guts?

Why waste a perfectly good boat and not fish? Screwy1
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Ingvar, I believe it's Lexan. Anyway it's not glass. Being the door was just made and installed after 5 years from when Marty rebuilt the bulkhead and everything else on the boat, it came out real well.

Jack, I have been waiting for one of you "them there" fishing guys to make a comment. I bet she ( Bainbridge ) is happy the last two owners ( Bruce Drake and myself ) have not been fisherman....no blood,guts,and crap all over the place. LOL !

Chuck

Comment

Chuck, you said not "crap" all over either. What's with the one hole seat in the back then?
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hey Steve, I never thought of it that way, but you are right it does look like you take that off just before you do your you know what. That's for the gas tank as i'am sure you figure that out. Besides the 28 gal tank there are two side enclosed compartments for the batteries that slide out sideways to change or check the water level.Chuck

Comment

For you Chuck

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDtUzRIG6I&feature=related"]The Fish Head Song - YouTube[/ame]
              Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
              Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Good one Jack, I needed that.
                Greg James

Comment

Yuck !

Comment

Hey now, us fishermen like classic boats too... The 404 will be a fishing platform as well as family cruiser and STILL maintain that classic look. Downriggers will go in flush mount pole holders and be stowed or left off the boat when not in use.
                    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                    Past Affairs:
                    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 21472
                      Hey now, us fishermen like classic boats too... The 404 will be a fishing platform as well as family cruiser and STILL maintain that classic look. Downriggers will go in flush mount pole holders and be stowed or left off the boat when not in use.
                      My father's '64 Pacemaker has the flush mount pole holders and my brother welded up (out of 316 stainless) custom mounts for the down riggers that fit into any of the pole holders and can be custom fit to any brand downrigger... It's pretty slick...

When you get to that point let me know and I can get some pics and pricing for my brother to make you some...
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
                      X